close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mTalk App

Discussion in 'Website Updates' started by sureshot006, Sep 28, 2016.

1. sureshot006

sureshot006

Having the misfortune of owning a "windows" phone and "upgrading" to Windows 10, I cannot find any Apps for the Michigan-Sportsman forum. TapaTalk used to work, but is no longer supported by Microsoft since changing to Windows 10.

Ohio Sportsman and Indiana Sportsman both have the option to use mTalk. Is it possible for Michigan-Sportsman to add it as well? I can't be the only one with this issue, but then again maybe I am because only 30 people in the world use a Windows phone...

If Michigan-Sportsman could be added to the list of Forums in mTalk, it would be greatly appreciated. Using the normal website through a mobile device is not fun.

Thanks!

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Actually I have been using the site on Chrome on a phone quite a bit and it is our desire to make this experience as good as the app. An upcoming style change will make this even better.

6Speed likes this.

3. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Thanks for getting the oHub app fixed... I did use the chrome site while the app was down and it did work pretty well. The app is much better for now and I'd like to see the Chrome version improved and I wouldn't mind trying it again if it is.

4. sureshot006

sureshot006

I can't use Chrome, either. Stupid Windows product... Actually mTalk seems pretty darn slick on Ohio Sportsman.

Apps are just a lot more simple and faster. And buttons are bigger. If its not an easy plugin or whatever to add, I will have to live with the PC version on a phone.

I've used OHUB when I had an android phone. Was pretty darn good app. mTalk is very similar and seems to be all as good. MUCH better than TapaTalk was.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  5. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Buttons in the new style will be bigger. Another advantage to viewing the site on a mobile browser is that if you are a supporting member, you won't see any ads. We've been unable to selectively kill the ads in th app. Any mobile browser on any phone should work about the same unless you are running something really weird.

6. sureshot006

sureshot006

Nobody uses a windows phone but me. Not really by choice. It isn't good lol... Anyway, I have problems like when the page seems to have loaded (I see all the ads, threads, etc.) and I try to select something, it won't take. I have a good signal of 4G LTE and I have to wait about another 10 sec. Poor me, I know.

Just wasn't sure what it takes to be added to an app. Sounds like it might be more trouble than it's worth.

When is the new mobile site coming out?

Here's a screenshot of ohiosportsman mTalk app. It's fast and clean. Zero ads for anyone.
    wp_ss_20160929_0001.png

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  7. Jiggin Jay

Jiggin Jay

App is still messed up. Will not load new notifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk