Most bucks you have seen in one sit. Talking Michigan here.

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by stickman1978, Nov 6, 2020.

1. 1 to 3

37 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. 4 to 6

59 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 7 to 9

39 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. 10 or more.

42 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. Biggbear

Biggbear

Nov 11th last season I saw 4 bucks in one morning. All were keyed in on the same doe that must have been about to come in to heat. She wouldn't stand for any of them, and they ran her until she literally laid down panting. A couple were spikes and small fork horn, but my best sit ever I believe.

stickman1978 likes this.
  2. Grandriverrat

Grandriverrat

As previously posted I counted over 50 before noon in early 2000 hunting a property in Calhoun County. I am sure many were the same bucks just chasing back and forth but to have that non stop action was incredible. Like I also posted the shooter that finally stepped in front of me after all of that busted me drawing on him. I love Calhoun County even though I live in Ingham.

"Big Tuna" and stickman1978 like this.

3. gunfun13

gunfun13

Canton/Lake Bellaire/Jackson Co Property Owner
    23. Morning of November 1, 2014. The craziest part was the property had been completely devastated by EHD in 2012 and deer numbers were way down still. Only one shooter (3.5+), which my buddy shot and did not recover after an exhaustive search including a dog. A few days later he swore it crossed the road in front of his truck pulling up to the farm. Cam confirmed it was alive a week or so later and showed a wound in his neck. Neighbor killed it the following year.

stickman1978 likes this.
  4. bucknasty11208

bucknasty11208

Me and my old man put in for hunts back in the late 80s. We’d always put in for one of the last two weeks of December because we knew not many people applied and we stood a good chance of getting drawn. Don’t remember how many years in a row we got drawn but it was a few. Seeing 200-300 deer a day was the norm with many 30-50+ buck days. I remember seeing herds with 20+ bucks at one time. Those were some incredible hunts

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

5. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

13 bucks, about 3 years ago in 1 evening of hunting. I hunted next to a standing corn field. 1 of the most fun nights of hunting ever for me and I didn't even notch a tag!

6. Sprytle

Sprytle Premium Member

About 12 years ago in Barry Co. Bowhunting 2nd week of Nov saw 14 different bucks during an all day sit. A few were absolute pigs that I didnt have a chance at. Had a chance at a huge 10 i called across a field but when i let go of my grunt tube to click the release on it came apart and bounced off my stand. Gone. I passed on a big wide heavy 8 that day just because of the others i was seeing. Still regret that...My best day bowhunting without taking anything home!
    Ive also seen huge groups of deer with alot of bucks hunting in big cut cornfields the last few weeks of Dec.

7. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

I have to correct my post. I thought that the OP said deer not bucks. As far as bucks go I would say 5-10 in a corn or wheat field.

Dish7, stickman1978 and Hunters Edge like this.
  8. mofo

mofo

Sat with my dad on our cut corn this year during early doe had 12 bucks at one time 20 yards from us 6 shooters lol my dad pissed his pants

stickman1978 likes this.
  9. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

Many sits years ago here at home with buck numbers between 15-20 in a single sit..

stickman1978 likes this.
  10. Don’tgoenough

Don’tgoenough

I’ve drawn late season archery a couple of times and that was always the problem, if you saw one deer it was with 30-40 others and that’s a lot of eyes to get caught by. Did draw a ML hunt one year which was awesome and filled my tag about 11 in the morning with the 12 or 13th buck I saw that morning and a 3.5 mile drag back out with a jet sled after the snow had melted during the day. Wore the bottom right out of it but made it. Lol. My dad and I were interviewed by Jerry Chipetta ? Spelling on his first year of being drawn. He was an outdoor writer and had a pbs show that aired every once in a while. He was doing a story on the SNWR and the non-ambulatory hunt and sat in a blind with a gentleman and his daughter and taped him missing a really nice buck. On his way out about noon he stopped by our blind and struck up a conversation with my dad. He asked how old my dad was and when dad replied that he was 82 Jerry asked if he could do an interview with him. I recorded the show when it aired on a vhs and for the life of me cannot find the tape to save my life. Hopefully someday I’ll run across it and then will have to find a vhs to play it on.

Capt.STU and stickman1978 like this.
  11. buckwacker 48097

buckwacker 48097

I saw this same thing October 24th 4 years ago... felt sorry for the doe. I have had multiple sits seeing double digit bucks during the same sit, but I will never forget the day early one morning at work cutting greens... I jumped off my machine and looked across the road in the farmers field and saw 17 bucks together during the summer months. These were all sizes but the top 8 or so were all huge deer with a couple knarly non-typicals. I swear I thought I was seeing things but a couple days later saw the same group about 3/4 of a mile away... It was amazing! I have never seen anything like that... and I see a lot of deer in a year!

pleistocene and stickman1978 like this.
  12. stickman1978

stickman1978

I was going to say I want to hunt where you do , lol.

13. Captain of the 4-C's

Captain of the 4-C's Premium Member

The year was around 1973, back before tree stands and compound bows. My dad shot a 50 pound recurve bow and we were hunting in the St. Charles state game area near where the current waste treatment plant is. You had to have waders to get across one of the creeks to get into the woods and it was just after Christmas. While sitting on the ground all day long - if you did not see at least 100 deer a day - it was a slow day. My dad had this stump he sat on in the middle of a very thick section which made the longest shot about 20 yards if you were lucky. This one day left him shaking his head - he shot at 7 different bucks in one day from the ground with snow on the ground!

Back then and probably to this day - the DNR cared more about the duck hunters than the deer hunters. I have had several different days in December while bow hunting the St Charles State game area that I had deer within eyesight all day long as soon as I got up into the tree. I wouldn't bother getting the bow off the hook until they were under 50 yards from me.

14. sniper

sniper

It was the week after Xmas in 98 or 99 in Hillsdale. I had just shot a nice 8 ptr which was was the first buck to give me a shot with the bow that morning. He was around the 15th or 16th buck I had seen that morning and total deer sightings was pushing the 80-90 range. I got down after a while to take care and clean the buck as he didn’t go 30 yds. While I’m gutting the buck I look over 30 yds and there are 3 more bucks that would all push well over 120 and one that was 140. They were all staring at me. I was in shock. Lol. Easily the best day I ever had deer hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

15. Lightfoot

Lightfoot

Two spikes on one sit. One 8 point on another sit. That's over roughly 100 stands in 2 1/2 seasons.