Monday & Tuesday Lower River Report

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by wallybagger, May 17, 2018 at 9:51 AM.

1. wallybagger

wallybagger

Fished 4 hours Monday pm & 5 hours Tuesday mid-day for a quick trip first time fishing in over a year. Started out from new pier in 18’+/- & started catching the wrong kind of fish right away. The 3 drift started hitting good. Used that drift most of the rest of the trip adjusting to stay on track with my new helix 10 Mega & Ulterra. Tried recording track & following it but varying wind & waves had mixed results. Now for fish report. Water temp 55*, visibility 18”-2’, 1 oz chartreuse jig with blue ice or glow finS or 1 oz white jig with glow finS worked well but caught on almost every color combination we tried. Caught 10 walleye & 50+ of the other fish. Could have caught as many of the other fish we wanted but decided we had enough for the smoker. Think we should of went upriver as reports were better there. Did not try shallow like another poster, maybe would have found more walleye. Except for one shower nice weather. Only a few boats out of EP.
    tight lines

2. wallybagger

wallybagger

3. NEW HUDSON WALT

NEW HUDSON WALT

Hey wallybagger thanks for the great report....for first time out in a year you had a
    good outing and a ton of action...a couple more times out to find more areas that
    are holding walleye and you will be getting your limit plus.:):):)

4. ajs8000

ajs8000

For what it worth; I hit the river out of Rotary Park in Trenton and caught 2 Walleye and all the silvers i could handle in less than an hour. Deeper water in channel produced the action while shallow waters were pretty quiet.

Great fun!

DragginWire likes this.
  5. DragginWire

DragginWire

Thats what I found last week handlining the TC. The walleye were in the deeper holes and the silvers were everywhere. We had to increase our speed tremendously to keep the silverbass from swallowing our spoons. Walleye turned on fast at sunset.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ajs8000 likes this.