Momarsh versa vest

Discussion in 'Waterfowl hunting dogs' started by goose schatt, Oct 27, 2020.

1. goose schatt

goose schatt

I ordered this thing based on what I heard..I liked the idea of it being adjustable but a lot of Velcro to absorb all the growing goodies that waterfowling offers...can’t imagine the integrity remaining tough for the long haul...at $100 it’s not the cheapest either..any thoughts?

I could see it being a pain in the ass in the am

Milburn likes this.
  2. JRoo

JRoo

Really interested to see if someone has any insight. My dog has a super deep chest. Been through a few cheaper vests, just to try and get a pattern...but not having much luck. We're usually vest-less but there are some hunts I'd like him to have one. But I also had the same worry about grasses/burrs/dirt jamming into the velcro and making it not attach properly.

Great idea if it resists that stuff...the adjustability and interchangeable panels are awesome.

Milburn and goose schatt like this.

3. Wallis

Wallis

I got one for my GSP who ended up being half horse. The versa vest was actually too small for him but Higdon made a XXXXL panel that fits. It’s actually almost too big now. The panels seem to keep the bird off the Velcro for the most part. Once you get it adjusted correctly, you just take it on and off like a normal dog vest. The velcro is extremely strong. That’s my insight so far, I haven’t put it through the ringer yet though.

goose schatt likes this.
  4. ajkulish

ajkulish

Interested to see how you guys like it. My dog is a mutt with a narrow chest so I am always trimming his vests in the arm pits so he doesnt get all rashed up. Wonder if this vest would be any better.

Milburn likes this.
  5. goose schatt

goose schatt

...I just wasn’t sold on what I saw out of the box with the momarsh vest. I’m going to return it. Maybe my intuition is wrong but I could picture it coming apart...and not crazy about the Camo panels that stick on the Velcro

I can’t knock it to bad because other then having my dog walk around the house with it, I didn’t use it in the field...

I ordered the browning 5mm(Medium)
    I really liked the browning. For my dog, I didn’t need to trim it.
    I thought the browning looked cheap in the picture but was super pleased when I got it.
    The handle is sweet...and the Velcro is really strong

I usually really like tanglefree products but Returned there vest also. I prefer the Velcro of the browning as opposed to the zipper and Velcro on tanglefree....just my 2 cents

Milburn likes this.
  6. Po'Boy

Po'Boy

I bought one before this season. It seems to be working out pretty well so far. Much heavier duty than the neoprene ones that I've used in the past. But only 6 or 7 hunts into it. No issues with burrs or stick tights, yet.

Attached Files:

Wallis likes this.
  7. JRoo

JRoo

Looks great, and good to hear!

8. adam bomb

adam bomb

I bought one. Definitely not a fan. It’s super stiff. My dog runs like the tin man after he ran outta oil. The chest piece was barely large enough to fit around her chest. I had it pop off a couple times. I’ll likely be selling it it’s brand he’s, never left the yard in it. I’ll probably give rig em right a shot next

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

9. sfpenn

sfpenn

I agree with adam bomb. I bought one before the season and used it once on a local hunt. I have adjusted it multiple times trying to get a good fit, but still haven't used it a second time. I've used the 5mm neoprene vest from prior years since the first hunt. I was able to fit the neoprene to his body much better and it is no where near as stiff as the Momarsh vest, which seems to be over-engineered for it's intended purpose.

adam bomb likes this.