Model 700 Value

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification/Value' started by grizzly, Feb 11, 2016.

1. grizzly

grizzly

I own a model 700 with the drop down floor plate that does not have the fancy wood. It has Tasco World Class 3x12x50 and Luepold rings.The gun has one little chip in the stock and I would rate the overall condition as good. Its a 270 and shoots real well. The problem is it just sits in the cabinet and never gets used.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the value of this weapon so I can list this for sale online.

Thanks,
    Grizzly

2. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

MGO - Michigan Gun Owners, check out their website and see what others have for sale. Condition is everything in regards to pricing then you've got to figure out how bad you want to sell it. From your description its an ADL which is not top of line looks wise but are usually good shooters. Regardless of the scope you will find most ADL's in good condition "for sale" in the 4 to 5 hundred dollar range so if you're looking to move it quickly you'll have to adjust accordingly. My BIL has picked up several ADL's and even a nice BDL in 30.06 for under $400.00. Timing is everything, being in the right place at the right time is a big help too! LOL!

3. Gil Martin

Gil Martin

It depends. If your Remington 700 has a drop down floorplate, then it is not an ADL, but is more likely a BDL. I bought a mint condition Model 700 ADL in .270 Winchester a few months ago for $350. Pictures would help to determine what you have and the condition. Hope this helps. All the best...
    Gil

4. grizzly

grizzly

Gil,

Here are a few pics. I am not looking for top dollar as I mentioned it has a chip which I included in the pics. It does have a drop down floor plate. I am just wanting to make sure I give a fair deal to someone.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Grizzly

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Pinefarm2015 likes this.
  5. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Your right Gil and I stand corrected as I missed the "drop down plate" and was basing my comments on the "does not have fancy wood" however looking at the pics I'm confused because it doesn't appear to have the BDL style stock? Maybe its an ADL that's been modified with a quick clip conversion or possibly a trigger from an original BDL?

6. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Walmart has been selling Remington 700 for less than $400.

7. grizzly

grizzly

This is an older model 700. Would the serial number help? I paid 325.00 for it 15 years ago. That's why I'm not sure where to price it at. Was thinking 250.00 to 275.00 would be fair. Gun shoots 1 inch groups with core lokt ammo at 100 on a clean barrel. I am only selling as it just sits and never gets used anymore.

Grizzly

8. Buckbaker

Buckbaker

The stock is wrong for an ADL. Not an BDL either. They did make a few more wood stocked models over the years. CDL maybe. 250.00 to 275.00 would be a good buy. I think 400.00 would be high considering the chipped stock. Maybe ask 350.00 to 375.00 but be willing to take a lower offer.

9. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015 Retired

Griz,
    Sent you a PM about the value.