Mid river Perch 10/17 dink city....

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by 50incher, Oct 17, 2020.

1. 50incher

50incher

Hit 1st spot before sun up, 45 mins. and 2 anchor tries, 12' to 18'....3 dink Perch, moved to a shallow water spot, 5' and got 3 nice Perch right off the bat, then it stopped & then I got a fat 19" Smallie on noodle rod, lol....after that we had pretty steady action....double headers of 4 1/2" Perch !?!? :mad:....

Brothers fishing grandson & dad came, brother forgot to inform me so I didn't buy as many minnows as I would of, just saying....and the minnows were pretty disappointing for size too....and we ran out, putting 2 dinks on one hook....

Cleaned 11 because the grandson tossed the 1st 10"er back as he didn't think we were keeping any yet, lol....but his 1st Perch trip and 1st Perch and Rock bass, pics of both....bobber took a few and lost something nice on it also....WT @ 56` and vis was not great, maybe 2'....wind laid down & beautiful day....

Saw a Kingfisher and a 1st for us, saw a Coyote along shore with a deer higher up, pretty cool....finding decent Perch is a chore on the river !....

DSCN0228.JPG Probably caught over 60 Perch in the 3 1/2 hours....cheers....