Mid river doughnut 10/3

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by 50incher, Oct 3, 2020.

1. 50incher

50incher

Kinda tired of these posts, but is what it is....we only jigged for Walleye 2.5 hrs....buddy did good this past week trolling cranks, so we hit his spot, lol....2 passes zip, then only 2 more spots, only snagged 1 Walleye @ 9"'s poor fellow....I was getting a lot of "pecks" on top stroke, thinking Silverbass maybe tiny Smallies ??? been getting both....just plastic, no live bait....

Guy we know was Perching & got some keepers, don't know how many, along with a bag of multi species & a lot of dink Perch....next to no boats out, WT 60` and vis @ 4'....nice brisk morning, only thing flying were Geese....

I enjoy reading reports, so I like giving them....dud or not, lol....need more time off and working way too much....and wishing we could fish Ont. water !!....cheers....oh, I did snag a pretty good nylon strap, hosed it down and saved it, hadn't been down there all that long, lol....

2. m hunter

m hunter

Way to give it a go!! And honest reports are always appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

gatorman841 likes this.

3. fishunter194

fishunter194

Mid-river jigging today from 12:30-3pm. Only one keeper (put back in the end) and one short (6”). Those were caught along West side of Fighting next to the border. Many of the small smallies caught as well.

4. Jeffish74

Jeffish74

Thanks for the report 50! I enjoy the real ones good or bad. At least you are fishing instead of sitting.
    So the water temp on the St.Clair river was also right at 60 also but the fishing was much better.
    https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/thank-you.705121/
    Tuesday was also good. This guy new to Michigan loves to fish and says we got it soo good here.

5. Slimshady

Slimshady

For some reason in the fall season I always have more confidence in the upper or the lower. Never had much success in the mid-river area, other than right below the AMB Bridge. I know guys that do well in other mid-river areas in the fall, but when I have tried it, it hasn't gone well. Now the spring is another story.

48180 Hunter and sureshot006 like this.
  6. 48180 Hunter

48180 Hunter

A few years back we done well N the Fall Mid River. Mostly Grassy Is. & just below Fuel Dock on Queens side. Last year wasn't to good to us although others we're getting em Mid River. I'm gonna focus on Lower this Year it was really Good to us N the Fall previous Years..

7. Slimshady

Slimshady

Caught a few decent walleyes jigging the upper today near the cormorant tower, along with some dinks, some monster sheep, a catfish, a lost musky and a 60+" sturgeon that my buddy lost on it's 3rd jump.

Got some great video of it too. I will post it when I get a chance.

MisterTom likes this.