mid river 6-20

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by wingster51, Jun 21, 2020.

1. wingster51

wingster51

Started fishing about 7 am with a Grassy drift. Picked up one legal eye in 4 drifts. Saw a couple more caught by other boats. Moved south of the golf course and got 2 more. Fished in the channel all day.Picked up the normal suspects too. sheepshead, smalleye, and sb. Beautiful day on the water. The largest walleye which was better than 20 inches had a 4 inch bluegill in its belly. In 50 plus years of fishing eyes, I have never seen a bluegill in a walleye. The bluegill hadnt started being digested yet and I could clearly tell what it was. That tells me that fish had been in a marina or weeds just before we caught it. Has anyone else seen a bluegill in a river walleye? No is wasnt a rockbass.

milanmark, Hot Bite and sureshot006 like this.
  2. 50incher

50incher

Never seen that....crazy all the stuff we don't have a clue as to, all what fish actually do....I've caught them in the D at high noon in July casting in 4'....like it....

3. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

It's a beautiful morning and I don't see you castin!? Saw one (not following). Will see what the sun brings...

Fished eyes a couple passes yesterday late morning. Got a double first pass and thought it would be easy. No more fish. My son was ready at that point and it was getting hot so we ate just the 2 for lunch. Got 1 rocky as well.

milanmark and wingster51 like this.
  4. 50incher

50incher

Gas, oil, running late, catch a few for me !....

sureshot006 likes this.