Michigan vs Michigan State?

Discussion in 'High School and College Football' started by fels340, Oct 29, 2020.

1. fels340

fels340

That’s best case scenario for MSU, worst case scenario for Michigan.

6thMichCav likes this.
  2. 6thMichCav

6thMichCav

I’ll watch pop Warner, high school or college; as long as the players are passionate and unpaid. I’d probably watch army ants if they knew the rules. But I watch the school I attended every time they’re on.

3. Gillgitter

Gillgitter

I'd watch my school if they were on TV but I don't think the school of hard knocks has a football team.

6thMichCav likes this.
  4. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

IDK, look at the past 6 - 7 years UM average in the Big 10 has been 6 - 7th place overall, maybe something will be different but I don't see it. It's been 16 years since a Big 10 title, I'm a UM fan but man its getting old...

I would not be surprised if the season only makes it 4 games.

U of M Fan and Sasquatch Lives like this.
  5. fels340

fels340

Yeah. Especially with this ridiculous 21 day rule. What science did they use to come up with that number? This is the crap you deal with when academians are making rules for football. I guarantee you that Schissel didn’t know the difference between a field goal and an extra point before he got to Michigan.

6. fels340

fels340

Well, we better get used to it because it’s not going to change until they get rid of this ridiculous 4 team playoff. There are only 5 schools that get the majority of the premium recruits. That’s because these 5 schools (Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, and OSU) have won not only every championship but every playoff game except for the first year when FSU played Oregon. In the last 5 years (players who are still potentially eligible) 55% of all high school 5 stars have gone to one of those 5 schools, including 9 of the top 11 last year. In those same 5 years, the Big Ten conference has signed 29 of those 5 stars. 16 of those 29 went to Ohio State. Well over half on one team. And that doesn’t include Justin Fields(went to Georgia initially). These high school kids know that if they want any chance to win a national championship, they have to go to one of those 5 schools. As long as this 4 team playoff format is in existence OSU will win the Big Ten. And even if they slip up the committee will likely take them over the champs (ie. PSU). Michigan won’t win the Big Ten. And neither will Penn State or Wisconsin or Minnesota or anyone else. The disparity of talent in college football gets worse every year.

7. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

Pride comes before the fall
    Michigan 37- Sparty 13

fels340 likes this.
  8. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

I think Spartan fans would be thrilled with middle of the pack. They are in the basement with Maryland. UofM is probably just slightly better than the middle somewhere. Defiantly not OSU/PSU territory.

9. SteelSearchin

SteelSearchin

As a Spartan lifer and alum, I can die happy after, "There's trouble with the snap.....!!"

State's fielding a squad of kids that look like high school flunkies, but i will still root for em tomorrow as they get crushed.

Harbaugh still sucks. :D:D:D GO STATE!!!

lenray likes this.
  10. pike man

pike man

State might score. UM 35 MSU 7

11. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

UM middle of the pack Big 10 team, MSU a dumpster fire. Not a relevant game nationally.

12Point likes this.
  12. fels340

fels340

Well then no Big Ten game is relevant nationally. The only team in the conference that is relevant nationally is Ohio State. And they don’t play any non-conference games so that means all Big Ten games are irrelevant nationally. That doesn’t mean the games aren’t relevant to their teams and fans. It doesn’t mean that these rivalries aren’t relevant. Most true fans and alumni can’t wait for these games (unless you know your team is going to lose).

buckguts1970 and 6thMichCav like this.
  13. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

Michigan is light years away from OSU but they are much better than middle of the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

buckguts1970 likes this.
  14. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

Like I said, not relevant nationally. Do you think this will be a competetive game? Mentioned this game to a couple guys at work and they said "oh its this weekend?"