Michigan Ultimate Mixed Bag (6 Species) Limited Out on Public Land

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Everydaylimits, Nov 1, 2020.

1. BFG

BFG

I've been checked in the field, but it was because we were called on by someone who didn't understand the law in regard to safe distance from buildings, township boundaries, and ultimately....that ducks and geese can be hunted legally. Dude was just doing his job, and once we produced the permission slip and he was satisfied that we were good to go, he was on his way.

2. natureboy2534

natureboy2534

Best is when a Cop shows up without a range finder, and has no idea what the distance should be away from a building. I told him to get a dnr officer over and ill talk with him/her instead. Holly would show up smilling and say thats 4 years in a row for me and you. Never once got a ticket and always had a pocket of spent hauls..Told the guy this will be the last year getting called on and now it will be hunter harassment on my part..Finally he moved and they tore down his house and replaced it with a huge pole barn for the business next door..
    I can see the owners point of being LOUD and woken up every year but we were legal just a pain in his a $$..

3. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Field was turned into condos two years later but man we shot a lot of birds there.

Never actually got checked. After my buddy bouncing around them like a pit bull at the end of a leash they holed up in their truck until we got them towed out. There may have been an implied threat of just leaving them there...

Shiawassee_Kid likes this.
  4. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

i got checked one year in the flooded woods. CO paddled in looking for me. He found me, checked me (2nd time he checked me that day)....then it got dark out. I left my hole at dark and went for a short trip up the river to look at something...then came back thru the flooded woods in the dark on way back to truck. I found same CO lost in the middle of the flooded woods. asked me for help getting him out of there. :) how do you answer that when the guy was clearly stalking me.

5. Tavor

Tavor

I've been checked more times on Lake St. Clair in the last 3 or 4 years than in all the 45 years prior to that. Just coincidence? I don't know. Always professional, usually friendly and talkative. At worst, strictly business as if in a bit of a hurry. I like seeing them out there. Not once have we been asked who shot what.

Shiawassee_Kid likes this.
  6. RS1983

RS1983

cover1~2.jpg

Then post it on YouTube...maybe we'll get sponsored..

7. GDLUCK

GDLUCK

how long ago? had CO sneak up on us in kayak at Crow Island. pocket of sheet ice gave him away about 30 feet out.. he was disappointed about that but was cool. did what he had to and left. that was prolly 20 years ago.

8. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

lol was his name Nick? :p this was mid 90's.

9. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

nick chased me all over the place during the 90's trying to catch me for nitpicky stuff. i think he wrote me 3 tickets in the 90s. like no registration on my canoe....hunting out of zone (i took 30's and couldn't get anyone to join me so i just turned off in woods, no winches back then)...and shooting 2 minutes late. I hunted every day of season back then. i fought the shooting late one and then plead on it. was such a stupid ticket.

10. Botiz

Botiz

I’ve had cops show up at a duck hunt multiple times. I’ve been put in the back of one of them too, after a homeowner several hundred yards away called and said we’d shot his house.

Oddly enough, the only place I’ve been checked by a CO is the UP. Or other states.

11. TSS Caddis

TSS Caddis

They don’t like to get their feet wet. Elk season this year We shot 2 in an alfalfa field. Biologist drives right to the first elk right through the middle of the field. Pointed it out to him and he apologized. Next one drives out and does the same thing. We walk to the 2nd elk, they each jumped in their truck and drove through even more alfalfa to it and proceed to apologize again. BS, they didn’t want to get their feet wet since it had just stopped raining. CO shows up and what do you think he did? Yep, right through the field.

12. TSS Caddis

TSS Caddis

I’ve had where we had 2 boats out, 4 and 2 hunters. Off the water took a pic with the 36 together and someone called for a violation, saw a bunch and “assumed” something had to be wrong. Don’t understand people that don’t know the law or do not know if there was wrong doing but call “just in case”.

BFG and Far Beyond Driven like this.
  13. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

I annoyed a CO by pimping him for Intel on a new to us area. He politely apologized as it was opening day and he had a lot of ground to cover, but I was hoping for a better spot to hunt next time...

14. Jerry Lamb

Jerry Lamb

Greetings from Medellin Colombia!
    I am going scouting for Los Patos this weekend and will post picks if I find some unique birds!!
    My original avatar is Waxico somehow it got messed up.

Fall Flight Punisher likes this.
  15. GDLUCK

GDLUCK

don't know his name but thats the time frame so had to be same guy. checked us a few times. first time he was decent but after that not so much. never wrote us tho cause he never found anything.