Michigan Natural Resource Commission to make deer decision in July or August

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting Regulations, Proposals, and Law Debat' started by Pinefarm2015, May 15, 2018.

1. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Can private land owners bait by the truckload again?

2. motdean

motdean

The only reason that I bring up the hunting digest print date is that if I remember correctly, there was a huge push to get a final decision last year in July because of the need to get the hunting digest to the printer. (If I recall correctly, they did not have a vote at the June meeting due to a number of the NRC members being absent.

3. R.J.M.

R.J.M.

And why not have a plain white front booklet stating.
    (Black letters). Hunting Digest
    (Red letters) New DEER RULES (Black letters). On page xxx
    No fancy pictures

Pinefarm than let the seller put it in the form of a question Do you know about the new Deer rule changes for 2018 yes/ no (information to look has just got out ) a little different but similar to the question did you hunt snipe yes/no for waterfowl licenses. My answer holds no one liable . One could lie either way and that lie was just recorded for survey purposes. even someone lacking a GED can ask this and push the right button I hope lol Its all about getting the information to be looked at by the hunter -purchaser no liability to the seller the liability part is on the hunter . But its a FYI with out saying FYI yada Yada type thing . Maybe I’m to simple headed in my thinking and the rest of the world is way over thinking things ??? Now why tell me why it can’t be simply done .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. R.J.M.

R.J.M.

Not in anyway trying to be a Ahole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jr28schalm likes this.
  5. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Who ever couldn't make the June meeting . Should have been fired.wtf smh. Probly a bunch of 3rd generation business owners

6. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Because it’s not the responsibility of the license agent. What if they ask the question “are you familiar with the new rules?” and the buyer answers “no”. Then what? Is MDNR going to pay for training for all clerks? What if a clerk makes a mistake? When a violator is paying his fine in court, can he use the excuse “well Mabel at Meijers told me the restricted tag was good for any buck”?

As it is now, clerks skip over the waterfowl survey. Non-compliance with the survey is nearly 50%.

It’s a waste of time and money, that will produce no results. It’s up to the hunter to pick up the digest and read it.

7. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

As i stated in post #3 this could happen .

8. sniper

sniper

All hunting and fishing license should be bought online or through the mail like auto license plate tabs...It would eliminate all "Mabels" and confusion...

Sent from my LG-H871 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app