Michigan Natural Resource Commission to make deer decision in July or August

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting Regulations, Proposals, and Law Debat' started by Pinefarm2015, May 15, 2018.

1. mbrewer

mbrewer

You're right about that. Anybody not playing the confirmation bias game was making more noise than headway. Not our bias but theirs.

2. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

The reality? LOL sure!
    I won't disagree that sooner is better than later but if the digest is at the printers in time for the digests to be on the counters on October 1st....what minute fraction of hunters won't have access to them in time?

3. MossyHorns

MossyHorns

The HD would need to be available by Spetember 15th for small game hunting.

4. mbrewer

mbrewer

Probably the same percentage of us who don't understand why the NRC has been oh me'ing and oh my'ing for the last 2+ years.

5. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

I
    I don't need a book to tell me 4 on a side

HUBBHUNTER likes this.
  6. mbrewer

mbrewer

Finger_=_4_open.JPG

motdean likes this.
  7. motdean

motdean

What if they change it to a 3” minimum?

Whatcha gonna do then? :p

plugger and mbrewer like this.
  8. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

I think most guys on here there's is 3 inch max

9. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

From my years in the business and being connected with over one million in license sales, the vast majority of sportsmen do not pick up a digest.

At the end of the year, we recycle binned cases and cases of digests.

10. R.J.M.

R.J.M.

Why not also print (NEW)rule changes on your deer lic .? There’s room for about 12 lines and more it they get rid of the duplicate bar code at the bottom . Asterisks
    Than the new rule changes . The clerk would then have to read to you “ new rule changes are in the book and on front of your license “ one mandatory 13 word sentence. Reason to make it mandatory to be read by lic agent is for the clerk at the store who argued with me about my 0234 turkey lic not being valid above line ZZ and it was only for private land in zone ZZ . Ma’am here it is in the booklet for public lands and private land ABOVE line ZZ “ok but I think your wrong “ and yes I
    Know this could lead to a I was never read that officer thing but it would be in two places with a mandatory reading .
    I hope

11. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

The burden of knowing the rules is not on the clerk selling the license but on the license holder/purchaser.

Store employees are not MDNR employees. Nor should they be expected to have encyclopedic knowledge of the rules. Some small shop owners may take the time to learn the rules, as a customer service, but the 60 year old female clerk at Meijers who has never hunted a day in her life is not bound to explain the rules that may or may not have changed.

The whole point of the digest is so professionals at MDNR can explain it to you, in writing and online. Hourly clerks at Meijers who usually are in the pet or flower department, but get called in to sporting goods when slammed is why we don’t want folks like that explaining rules or even worse, explaining POS surveys.

The burden to know the rules is 100% on the hunter. It’s for this same reason that we don’t require the car salesmen to explain driving rules to you. When the police pull you over for speeding, you can’t blame it on the car salesmen, for not explaining the rules to you.

12. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

I’d contend that you’re right and that most don’t know what a NRC is or that they play God.

13. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

It is also the responsibility of the purchaser to inspect the license prior to leaving the establishment.

Ultimately the actual law supercedes the digest ;)

14. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

Dump Carol the license agent at Meijers!

mbrewer likes this.
  15. LG1

LG1

To keep everyone happy just let everyone do whatever they want on their own property. If they shooting everything up and don’t see deer anymore it’s on them. Altho very big bummer for the neighbors.

plugger and HUBBHUNTER like this.