Michigan Kayak and Canoe may have to be registered?

Discussion in 'Questions about MI Hunting/Fishing Law' started by retiredsailor, Apr 1, 2018.

1. retiredsailor

retiredsailor

Any truth to this proposition? Found or spreading on Facebook

[​IMG]

2. petronius

petronius

3. icefalcon

icefalcon

I asked senator ken horn about this. First response was...
    "The resolution was suggesting the Legislature introduce bills that would make the changes they recommended, including registering small watercrafts. I reached out to one of our policy advisors to see if anyone is actually considering legislation to implement the recommendations. She let me know that the commission chair recently met with Senators a few legislation to pitch this ideas in the resolution. However, no bill has been introduced seeking to create this new fee and to her knowledge, no legislation has even been requested on this proposal either. There would likely be little to no support for such a plan in this legislature. And I can assure you that I would definitely not support any effort to register these watercrafts."

I just got follow up from him....

"wanted to follow up with you on your previous message. Because of emails from you and several other constituents, I introduced Senate Resolution 153. SR 153 opposes the Michigan State Waterways Commission Resolution 02-2018-01. I attached a copy of the resolution and you can track the progress here:http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(cd...g.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=2018-SR-0153. Fourteen of my colleagues co-sponsored SR 153 and I’m working to get it adopted by the full Senate."

How about that..

Sent from my XT1254 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

petronius likes this.
  4. petronius

petronius

Very good work.