Michigan doing their best to turn hunters off

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by bucknasty11208, Jul 18, 2020.

1. sniper

sniper

Lmao! Yeah them mature bucks south of the bridge just automatically step right in front of projectiles. You can’t make this stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

2. bucknasty11208

bucknasty11208

Seems like as soon as they removed the 3pt on a side APR a few years back our buck sightings have gone down. But we know they are there because we have trail cam pics of several 8-10pts that I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot. I haven’t killed a deer up there since 2014. In those 5 seasons since I’ve seen a couple “shooters” but were either out of range or came within 20 yards or less but were on the wrong side of me where I couldn’t get a clear shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

3. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

Yes, one publicly stated and written. One practiced and conducted behind the scenes.

wolf76, motdean, Justin and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

There's a conspiracy?

Dish7 and Osceola like this.
  5. miruss

miruss

What i find funny is for the last 2-3 years people have complained about how the NRC has been doing things . They have been told suck it up thats just the way the MAJORITY of people want it no big deal if YOU quit hunting you aren't a real hunter anyways! Now that it's something they don't like oh my god the SKY is falling going to be a deer waste land no deer anywhere. Still trying to figure that one out because we have been told PEOPLE AREN'T shooting enough does so we must have regulations to FORCE them to shoot does. Now that it's voluntary ALL the does are going to be shot.

mbrewer and Hunters Edge like this.
  6. Whitetail Freak

Whitetail Freak

I’ve never seen so many bucks, it gets better every year! It’s going to be another great season!

textox, bigal06, mbrewer and 5 others like this.
  7. fishnpbr

fishnpbr

Think paragraph/indentation. ;)

8. sniper

sniper

I agree Freak. Every year for us it keeps getting a little better. Last 2 out of 3 years I shot 2 four and a half yr olds and the sightings of mature bucks are way up. Windmill construction around us this year might might muck things up a bit but I hope not. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

jr9912, U of M Fan and Sparky23 like this.
  9. Dish7

Dish7

Yes, but you must don a certain piece of metallic headgear to see the big picture, lol.

vsmorgantown, Nostromo and Sparky23 like this.
  10. mbrewer

mbrewer

:lol: Welcome to the party, this joke is too good to enjoy alone.

miruss and motdean like this.
  11. retired dundo

retired dundo

Is that the whole farm or just a stand.How many places do yo have to hunt

12. Dish7

Dish7

It's pretty simple really. For the most part, the guys upset with the liberal antlerless regs hunt low density areas. They have reason for concern with broad brush regs in their area. Just like you may not like the bait ban or an apr in yours (just an example). Not everything is a "us against them."

13. pgpn123

pgpn123

I just hunt at home now, maybe state once in awhile. That was tongue in cheek response to an opinion that it's as easy as ever to get permission. Not that you can't, and there was a good suggestion on how to go about it. But imo it's harder than ever and going the wrong way. Farms that don't hunt are leasing, extended family are sending xmas gifts, there's more houses and stores, etc.

Justin likes this.
  14. mbrewer

mbrewer

Not true, IMO. Whole lot of private land Oxen being gored via the new regs. The same concern exists but is being expressed in different forms.

Enter the private land hunters worried that public land hunters are getting the shaft. Not believable, just them projecting their own concerns elsewhere.

Waif likes this.
  15. Dish7

Dish7

Hmm, haven't and probably won't read back through the multiple threads currently going on about this topic. But my impression is that the most concern has come from northern public land hunters. The any weapon muzzy season seems to be disliked accross the board.