close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

metal roofs from the amish

Discussion in 'Michigan Homesteading and Home Improvement' started by jig head, Jan 27, 2009.

1. jig head

jig head

I heard that ther were some amish families that make and install the metal roofs in Gladwin area.
    I have a place in prudenville on m-18 n of gladwin that I would like to reroof.
    does anyone know how to contact these people ?

2. jpollman

jpollman Premium Member

That may be kind of tough. Something tells me they don't have a web site or email address. :lol:
    John

3. FIJI

FIJI IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives! Premium Member

I deal with an Amish woodshop (Yoders) in Gladwin. If you'd like I can contact them for you the next time I go up there.

I dont know of any that "make" any metal roofs, but they install a lot of them in my neighborhood.

4. plugger

plugger Premium Member

I helped put up two buildings a couple years ago where the guys had got the steel from the amish, really cheap. I redid one of my buildings last year and sure didnt get the steel from the amish. You need to what your buying!

5. Kevin_D

Kevin_D

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

6. skunkmusk8390

skunkmusk8390

There is a place out of Rosebush called Luthy Metal Sales if thats not too far away. They are Mennonites, not Amish, but they were more expensive than Home Depot was so we got our steel from there. But you probably could get the Amish to put the steel on your barn for a decent price and they would get it done in less than a day. they work incredibly fast and do good work, and there are amish all over the clare and gladwin area so it wouldn't be hard to find them.

7. davidrhonda

davidrhonda

There are two in Gladwin that I know of, the only way to do business with them is to stop in, as they do not have phones, internet, or do business on Sunday.
    One is located in Sage township on Oberlin Road south of M-18 less than a mile.
    The second is on McNamara Road between Parker Road and Knoll Road in Beaverton Township.

8. Ale

Ale

I cant help you with install, but Mid Michigan Metal Sales is a wholesale manufacturer of both the 3' wide ribbed metal roofing and the 16" hidden fastener metal roofing. The paint is Lifetime Guaranteed and they can have your order ready for pickup in about 24hrs for the Hardy Rib. 20 colors in stock and way less than any one else in the area. G-3336 S. Dort Hwy, Burton, MI......minutes off of I-75.
    For easy pricing and product description, vist www.midmichiganmetalsales.com
    This shop is good old fashioned hard workin tax paying Americans, producing top quality Lifetime Metal Roofing and Siding..........Give them a call and save, save, save.

Timberdoodle2 likes this.
  9. bowjack

bowjack

My buddy bought the steel at the place in Burton and we hauled it up to Glennie to put on his cabin roof. We had to have a couple pieces of gable trim custom made to finish the job. We got it from a Amish steel manufacturing place outside of Mio. They bent it up for us while we waited. Had we known about them beforehand we probably would have bought everything there.

10. -Axiom-

-Axiom-

There is one in Manton, I do not know the name at the moment.

11. Timberdoodle2

Timberdoodle2

another vote for mid michigan folks the steel i have seen manufactured by the amish is thinner gauge steel and had a rough grippy surface.

12. mdad

mdad

Bylar Harvey 989-386-8472