Mentord turkey hunting?

Discussion in 'Questions about MI Hunting/Fishing Law' started by bfaber, Apr 12, 2018.

1. bfaber

bfaber

It states a mentored youth can hunt any season with a licensed adult. Does that mean i have to hold a license for that same season? What if i fill my tag before the childs am i still licensed? If i hold a tag for the last season can he hunt the first? Seams to be a big grey area ir maybe im just reading it wrong?

2. petronius

petronius

The adult needs to have a valid license to hunt game that is open at that time.

3. Trout King

Trout King

You may also fill your tag and take child even after you are finished.

"Be a Mentor... Make a Difference The spring wild turkey season offers the perfect setting for experienced turkey hunters to share their knowledge and skills with other hunters or introduce the sport to new hunters. Learning the habits and behaviors of wild turkeys, scouting, practicing calling, etc., can be more rewarding when two or more people work together as a team. Hunters who fill their tag can get that same enjoyment and satisfaction by helping a youngster or apprentice hunter with his or her first turkey hunting experience."

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/Spring_Turkey_Digest_443091_7.pdf

petronius likes this.