Menard’s rebate program

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by bucko12pt, Oct 2, 2020.

1. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

I find that the quality of lumber at Lowes is superior to Dumbyards. The 8x16 deck I put on the front of the house last year has only 6 or 7 knots in it. I do not got to Lowes shopping for groceries.
    I bought a Carbon water filter at Lowes for 32 bucks yesterday less my every day military discount which ends up more than Dumbyards discount. The same type of filter would have cost me over $50.00 at Dumbyards. The cheaper filter lasts the same amount of time as the over priced one.

eggfly likes this.
  2. How much was that 20’ 2x4. I just paid 6.26 for an 8’ one

3. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

If you buy something during a no rebate week and the rebate is active the next week you can ask for an adjustment rebate form and they will give you one, they have them printed but not laying out for you to just grab.

I have never had issues receiving Menards rebates between the house and two cabins I have spend over $30K so 11% adds up. Home depot matching they just declined my last request, not sure why yet I need to chat with them.

The rebates remind me of a drug dealer, another way to get you coming back for more...

sureshot006 likes this.
  4. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

I did find out Home depot has exceptions to their rebates. Bought a new weber and surprise! Weber is excluded. I shouldn't have been surprised by that.

jjlrrw likes this.
  5. perchjerker

perchjerker

we get the rebates all the time. Never an issue

Gordon Casey likes this.
  6. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

It looks looks the home depot 11% match is now pretty much a scam...
    I was just declined for random kitchen sink items, I purchased new appliances a couple years ago and got the rebate now they have an exclusion list you can search sku numbers, the list has ~60 items per page and it's 1100 pages long the appliances I purchased are now on the list along with everything else they sell. I think a list of items that are included would be much shorter if there are any.

https://parago-emails.s3.amazonaws.com/thd/11PercentOffer09262019.pdf

sureshot006 likes this.
  7. sureshot006

I never had an issue til this year. Maybe they are being much more restrictive now. I had carpet, kitchen counter, sink, faucet and flooring purchased and installed and got 11% off.

jjlrrw likes this.
  8. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

Agree, I just purchased in stock flooring and kitchen cabinets at normal prices figured they would be available for the 11% but the sku's are on the list, was planning on a new Milwaukee M18 tool, guess not...

sureshot006 likes this.
  9. kingfisher 11

kingfisher 11

Well what do you know, mine showed up yesterday.

The issue I have now is how they send them. They have a full side of the rebate with a sales item. This makes it look like junk mail. I almost threw it away. I believe that was another attempt of people not using it.

10. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Any rebate should be an actual refund. I hate rebates as much as coupons.
    Menard's sucks - the ONLY reason I go there is for the price IF they have it.
    The people overall are largely unknowledgeable, lazy and uncooperative. I hear the unprofessional BS sessions around corners dang near everytime I have to go in there & prices vary between locations "because they can" which isn't how a chain should take care of a customer.
    A real rebate gives you your money back, it's not held hostage until you give it back to the greedy [email protected][email protected]$.
    HD and Lowe's don't play those kind of games and often I'll drive the extra time & distance - for that reason, I'm out!
    FTP.
    o_O

11. sureshot006

We had a MANAGER tell us "it would be inconvenient for me to check if we have it in stock".

sfw1960 likes this.
  12. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

13. Quack Addict

Quack Addict

Sounds like a couple guys having a laugh playing "who wants to be the manager today" game.

I buy A LOT of stuff at Menards. I started copying the rebate receipts and keeping a spreadsheet of all my submitted rebates because I was losing track what was sent in vs received.

Higher value rebates seem to take them longer to issue. I received a couple last week for $12 and $20 a day apart within a month of sending them in. But I have 3 different rebates exceeding $100 each that they're dragging their feet on. One of those was mailed in July, another in August. Checked their website today and the rebates don't show up. If it comes to it, I will contact them with a pdf of my copies. Had to do that 1x a couple years ago and they corrected the issue, pronto.

sureshot006 likes this.
  14. bucko12pt

bucko12pt

Yesterday I received one of the ones I’ve been waiting for since June. The others, which are more money are unpaid and there’s no record in the system when I check.

The one I received, I almost passed over as junk mail also, as it’s pretty nondescript.

Menards can play their games with someone else, I’ll shop elsewhere.

kingfisher 11 likes this.
  15. flatfish

flatfish