Menard’s rebate program

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by bucko12pt, Oct 2, 2020.

1. bucko12pt

bucko12pt

How about if you bought $70k in building materials like a guy I know, would you blow the $7700 rebate off?

If so, save the receipts and I’ll file it.

UBDSLO1, Steve, david boyko and 4 others like this.
  2. kingfisher 11

kingfisher 11

I am waiting on a $20 now. Since you mentioned it, yes I have been waiting a lot longer than normal. I have done them in the past with long waits but not like this time. I just happen to throw one away this morning and I bet they cont on it. I don't normally screw with them but if they are over $10 I will.

3. Bucman

Bucman

I didn't get the last three so..I have a preferred place to buy building materials and I don't need a rebate to get a deal.

bucko12pt likes this.
  4. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Never had an issue. Just sent one in and now we will see...

When I put a new roof on my barn the rebate was enough to get a new grill. A nice grill.

sparky18181 likes this.
  5. anagranite

anagranite

sureshot006 likes this.
  6. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

I could write a h whole book on the screw ups I have encountered at the Muskegon Dumbyards.

The worst was when I ordered an exterior door with a slip head window in it. After a few weeks I called to see if it came in. I was told it was in. It wasn't but they agreed to deliver it at the job site. I gave them a map to the job site.

A few weeks later I got a call from the wife that they were on their way to deliver it at my house. They lost the map. I went home losing another half day of work which I wouldn't have to do as they delivered it a 7pm. The driver after hearing my story said he was quitting when he got back to the store as he had to deal with so many having similar problems.

This was before they made you pay in full for special orders so I still owed them over $100. after getting a few bills for the balance I finally called and asked them where I send the bill for my lost wages. Surprisingly they took the $$$ of of my account.

The only day that Dumb yards gives a military discount is Memorial Day. Lowes gives it all of the time. If you have a Lowes card you get a little more of a discount if I remember right. it is money in your pocket not a rebate that has to be spent in Lowes unlike Dumbyards that has to be redeemed in their store.

7. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Dang. Actually I never looked at that list. Got lucky I suppose. Must mean there isn't much competition near you?

8. Gordon Casey

Gordon Casey

That's why they make money on you. Upwards of 40% never turn in the rebates and Menard's pocket the money. Your the loser.

9. Gordon Casey

Gordon Casey

No issues with me as well.

10. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

It's not like they jack the prices up before the sale. I've walked in there before to buy a decent quantity of stuff not even knowing the rebate was happening. I needed the stuff and they're the closest place.

11. bucko12pt

bucko12pt

Its convenient for me also, as I’m by there all the time. I’ve never shopped there specifically because of the rebate, but some people count on it and if Menards make a big deal about in their advertising, then they should fulfill their obligation.

12. baycountyhunter

baycountyhunter

I just got a rebate check in the mail yesterday from some that I had sent in June/July timeline. Looks like the system is very slow but our state isn't much better I am still waiting my my license plate tabs that I paid for in July. I've sent emails and tried making phone calls to no avail, Ditmer the incompetent has completely messed up everything in the state.

sureshot006 and Kevin Hughes like this.
  13. RDS-1025

RDS-1025

We mail ours in and never have a problem.

14. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer Premium Member

Flipped 5 housesover the years and purchased most of the materials from Menards never had an issue with rebates plus got the 2% for using their card .Probably slow now due to not enough employees because they get more on unemployment than working .

15. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

I wonder with this covid if maybe they are working withfewer people at the rebate center

sureshot006 likes this.