close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Medical Marijuana question...

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by 9mm Hi-Power, Dec 5, 2017.

1. RichP

RichP

The beer industry doesn't seem to be too thrilled with the idea either.

(not to mention all the law enforcement agencies that have budgets tied to no due process asset forfeiture)

itchn2fish, ESOX and jiggin is livin like this.
  2. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin

Let me break this down into two answers, one for each paragraph.

1.) it would be decriminalized and legal for recreational use if it were sold in stores. So banks would accept money from legit business at that point.

2.) those drugs are plant BASED. They are manufactured into something else with many other ingredients. BIGGGG difference.

3. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power

There was a poster on this site, now evidently deceased, who died from the same cancer that I had. He was a vociferous supporter of cannabis in various forms as not only a pain reliever but also as a curative for many cancers be it ingested orally, applied through the skin absorption (Simpson's Oil) etc. etc. He had many supporters on this site and when I questioned his suppositions I got a LOT of backlash from his anti-Big Pharm, anti-FDA, anti medical establishment advocates.

You're conveniently dodging my question so let me try and put it more succinctly for your understanding.

You seem to imply that medical marijuana is not prescribed by licensed physicians and subsequently filled in licensed pharmacies because of the Federal Government. OK.

Then why are the feds and licensed physicians seemingly OK with filling out the necessary forms for a Medical Marijuana Card which allows the patient to acquire a controlled substance from a non-regulated (or casually regulated) dispensary ?

What is the operative difference between a "prescription" and a "Medical Marijuana Card" ? Don't they in essence provide the same end goal - a " regulated" pain reliever ?

Except perhaps if I have a Medical Marijuana Card and then go to the Grass Station in Detroit for some MM but later go to "Buzz On" in Flint for the same drug what is the guarantee that what I get in Flint will be of the same purity/dosage strength as what I bought in Detroit? Ever go down to Toledo for 3/2 beer when you were a pup ?

9mm Hi-Power

4. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Coca leaves have been chewed for centuries in the mountains of south America for the energy they give.

Whitetail_hunter likes this.
  5. AntiHuntersLoveMe

AntiHuntersLoveMe

Right, I was just being sarcastical about NF's comment... We all know most MJ is used/consumed in it's natural form, unlike heroin or cocaine. Comparing MJ to heroin or cocaine is apples to oranges.

itchn2fish and Whitetail_hunter like this.
  6. Northernfisher

Northernfisher

1 that is your opinion, I was stating fact.

2. Whatever you say. I will be busy chewing on a suger beat.

7. AntiHuntersLoveMe

AntiHuntersLoveMe

* sugar beet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jiggin is livin likes this.
  8. Northernfisher

Northernfisher

Okay then chew on some sugar cain

9. AntiHuntersLoveMe

AntiHuntersLoveMe

Lol but then you'll have a "sugar buzz"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. JAA

JAA

Well I can attest that it worked for skin cancer, I can't say It will for everyone but it did the job for me. I had a small open sore about 3/16 of an inch appear on my cheek right next to the lob of my nose, It was crusty and would weep lightly and never scab over, Just a crust would form. It would never heal up, It was not a mole, But appeared like skin cancer photo's online???. I tried treating it with neosporin and varis other moisturizers as I thought it was a small dry patch of skin, A year later it was still their? So off to the Family doctor, He said it didn't look right, And took a tissue sample to send out to the lab, Yep it came back positive, Just great! As I just had bought a house to fix up, And the last thing I needed was a more bills, Doc said they would scoop it out larger to get all the affected tissue then I would have to see a Plastic surgeon to repair the divot that would be left behind:( My insurance s%#ked. I told him it would have to wait a bit as I just didn't have the funds at the time, It was their almost 2 years already and it would have to wait a bit longer. I did smoke weed when I was younger. And was aware that it held some medical properties? After some research on skin cancer and reading how marijuana was being used to treat some of these forms of cancer, Off I went to a clinic to get a licence if I qualified, So I get my licence with instruction to get high CBD oil -Simpson's Oil. And apply twice a day. I went to an Ann Arbour dispensary that tests and analyze all their products. I applied it as instructed. First month No real change:mad: The second month the weeping stopped! Month 3 it started to close and Heal Up, 4 months it was healed, With a slight scar;) Wife got a sinus infection I went with her to our Family doctor we use the same doc. First thing he said when he looked at me was you got that cancer spot taken care of, That's Good! I told him what I did and he was like NO WAY!! He even called in his associate and showed him my original positive test result and had him look at it, both agreed there was No surgery! Ya Doc pull my record charts if you need to!! 10 years latter you would never know it was their!! He gives me a Good look over every year at my wellness check-up yearly! Except for the darn arthritis in my hands and hips, All's been Good!!!!!!:) To this day I don't push it on anyone, As I firmly believe we all have different body chemistries that react to different treatments. AND an added bonus is I no longer have 2-3 Captain Morgan's to wind down after a long day! 3 puffs and I'm golden :cool:

11. WALLEYE MIKE

WALLEYE MIKE Staff Member Mods

I he
    I heard oil works just as you said. Also know someone who injests MJ for her MS for relief. Much cheaper and works better than drugs she used to take.

itchn2fish and jiggin is livin like this.
  12. Sharkbait11

Sharkbait11

this is true it helps with alot of disorders and actually low levels of LSD can help certain nervous system disorders. MDMD is another one with some medical benefit. I think thats a far way off though for the rest of the harder drugs...I mean cocaine used to be prescribed as an ailment to all sorts of issues. Sigmund Freud was addicted to coke at one point in his career and was prescribing it for his patients. He thought it was a miracle drug and that everybody should be on it...

back to the ops question the industry is still in its infancy since it was banned way back when for no good reason other then polical agenda to get the mexicans out (true story)....there was an entire political onslaught back in the day that changed the publics perception...now its taking a long time to recoup from it which is dictating how its dispensed. Not to mention the federal govt. is black balling it but state level is open to it, so until both get on the same page its likely not going to change soon.

Us Canadians are going to be further ahead of you 'Mericans as of July 1st....going to be legal...as of now if you have your card you can order online I presume the same way it happens in the USA. Once they make it legal for recreation they plan on selling it in a controlled environment much like our LCBO or Beer Store...and if you dont know what that is...well come over to Canada and try and buy liquor at a gas station and see the funny looks you get. Not to mention our liquor is 2x that what you guys pay....Jealous of you all...wish my beers didnt cost 2$ a piece. A 24 costs $40-50...I can only imagine what their weed prices will be. I may just move to the US for cheap beer and pot lol....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 8:07 AM
    itchn2fish and rollin stone like this.
  13. dafuzz89

dafuzz89

As a recently retired police Sgt of 28 years. Michigan's medical marijuana system is a joke. There are medical benefits to its use to certain patients. It is a pain reliever for most. To qualify for a card all you need to say is you have daily pain from an injury or ailment. I can honestly say that about 3 out of 50 card holders I came across had legitimate medical issues. Most holders are 18-40 and complain from back pain to shoulder pain from such bs things like skateboarding accident. Pay some quack doctor 60 bucks fill out a form and you get a card. They need to just go ahead and legalize it and cut the crap.

14. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

Skeptical of the whole thing especially when you have to fill your "prescription" at places like Buzz On, or from Mr. High or Dr. Pete. Just a loophole for potheads to get dope IMO. I think it probably does help with pain for people with legitimate diseases but I bet they are the minority of users.

15. shrek527

shrek527

Native Americans use them for migraine headaches and cluster headaches

petronius likes this.