close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MDNR Says Earlier Bass Season Good For Michigan

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by djkimmel, Apr 17, 2014.

1. djkimmel

djkimmel

That's a pretty good plan. Our recent sunny days have the water moving into the mid-50s. Some bass are going to be on the move. Should be fun! I'm jealous. I'll be out there on May 10th. Probably stick to inland for opening weekend. I really love spring, shallow darkwater largemouth bass so I put extra time into that early.

2. tenring

tenring

Thanks for one of the best and thoughtful explanations I've ever read on these forums. Can I nominate you as the new head of the MDNR fisheries division (or whatever it's called). Seriously, from what I can tell from just a few posts of yours, your diligence, knowledge, and thoughtfulness would be greatly appreciated by Michigan anglers.

3. djkimmel

djkimmel

I truly appreciate the kind words. Thank you.

4. treeman

treeman

Looks like you are finally on your way to a victory here, Dan. You may not get exactly what you are looking for but there will be expanded opportunities of some sort for bass fishermen. The bass work group came together quickly and did an admirable job of getting this on the fast track for action this year. So much so that I am sure there will not be enough time to put it out for public comment. Looks like it will be in front of the director and the NRC later this summer. I am sure you will be at that meeting. I will most likely be as well. We already know the position you will support in tomorrow's meeting. You do not have to keep selling it. You do not have to beat it to death anymore. That option is on the table. Express your appreciation for the hard work done by the work group. They have been your allies not your adversaries. Be proud of and accept whatever victory you get and feel good that your diligent efforts will have changed the course of bass fishing in Michigan and will open up many more fishing opportunities. Your hard work will have made a major difference in the economic benefit to the state from bass fisherman. You are a prime example of that the sportsmen and sportswomen in Michigan have access, and can be heard by those in the DNR. I think many do not know that. Will talk to you tomorrow morning.

5. djkimmel

djkimmel

Thanks for your comments, especially the suggestions and input during the WRSC meeting.

I'm not trying to beat it to death. I just like talking about bass fishing and bass fishing opportunity. Want to make sure as many people as possible are aware of things happening that affect them so they can participate in the process too!

Still plenty of work to do. Will always be more ideas and opportunities. And I'll still like talking about bass fishing! :)

Irina likes this.
  6. zzcop302

zzcop302

Just came across this thread.
    Any new news on changes to bass season regulations?