Marquette Bait/Tackle

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland UP Lakes' started by zzcop302, Jul 22, 2017.

1. zzcop302

zzcop302

Unless I've just not found it, I don't think Marquette has a true bait and tackle shop, which is surprising to me considering it's the largest town in the UP and a popular fishing location.
    Other than Walmart and an even more limited stock at Menards, there really is no place I'm aware of to buy tackle.
    As far as bait, I'm only aware of Walmart and a few mini marts who sell crawlers.... not real impressed with the bait quality at either business.... and not aware of any places that sell minnows.
    Does anyone have suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Outdoor2daCore

Outdoor2daCore

You are correct, I worked at the gander there years ago, but no good mom n pop or other decent size bait/tackle shop up there, which I agree is surprising.

zzcop302 likes this.

3. yooperkenny

yooperkenny Crazed Country Rebel

Best bet is to go see Marty at Gwinn Bait & Tackle on M35 in town if it isn't too far out of your way. Minnows, leeches, crawlers and so on...Good Luck!

hunter62 and zzcop302 like this.
  4. zzcop302

zzcop302

Yep.
    Really like that shop and talking to Marty... we always stop there when we are in the area
    He is very knowledgeable and friendly and has a well stocked shop..... wish it was closer !
    Good quality bait .
    Thanks for the reply.

5. Teggs

Teggs

Superior outfitters downtown Maquette on front street. Sorry zz i know we allready talked but just so others reading this forum can see.

zzcop302 likes this.
  6. hunter62

hunter62

Yep, lots of nice lakes in the area as well!

7. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium

Unfortunately I am not sure how much longer this place is going to be. There is a for sale sign there and went by there a couple of times this past week and no one was there. A sign there says no more minnows, water prices too high...??? We did catch them open one day and donated some money for some leaf/red worms that we never had time to use.

8. zzcop302

zzcop302

That's to bad... great shop and owner... I think he has had it for sale a few times before over the last couple years....hope it reopens.
    Thanks for the update.

Richard Cranium likes this.
  9. zzcop302

zzcop302

10. ADHDfishing

ADHDfishing

Bobber Shop & Superior Outfitters are both currently operating in Marquette. Gander Mountain will also be re-opening as Gander Outdoors in the near future.