close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Making America a 3rd world country

Discussion in 'Political Discussions (FreeMichigan.com)' started by jps, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawgeye

hawgeye

Shut food stamps and assistance to any able bodied person ASAP. Way to many scammers. Go back to giving out canned food. Losing stamps is their own fault for scamming the system, they lost our trust.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Excuse me son, but the government gets all their money to do anything from taxpayers!

Your above post is the most stupid statement I’ve ever read.

No wonder you are always so wrong about everything. You haven’t even made the connection that the taxpayers pay for the government. You think the money falls from the sky, like magic dust from the dollar fairy.

3. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

4. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

I don't disagree with that, but how do you expect to accurately accomplish that when the very people that would be committing the fraud would have to admit to it (a felony BTW).. Trying to get an accurate assessment of how much fraud was being committed, even without criminal charges, those committing this fraud would be killing their own personal cash cow if the system changes a thought I'm sure they would understand... Not to mention how much fraud is too much? 5% 20% 50% when we are talking billions of taxpayer dollars and accountability.. These are real life questions...

vsmorgantown likes this.
  5. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Um, no. That definition has been on Urban Dictionary since 2007. 4th one down.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=****-hole&amp=true

I left SE Michigan 30 years ago because Detroit was a s***hole.

6. jps

jps

I think you don't want to see it, Pinefarm:

The government takes money from tax payers and makes decision. The goverment will decide who receives the bag, how ofter and what is in it. The government gives the bag.

The taxpayers don't give bags to anyone.

7. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

That store isn't even IN Detroit, it's in Ecorse.

8. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

From 2009, #14 again uses Detroit as the example for s***hole. Who was President in 2009?
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=****-hole&amp=true&page=2

Any Detroit isn’t s***hole because of the color of the people, it’s a s***hole because it’s been run exclusively by liberal Democrats for 50 years.

oldforester likes this.
  9. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Even worse.

10. jps

jps

Yes. We need to know how much fraud exists. I think that any level of fraud is bad. But it is important, from enforcement purposes, to know if it is 5% or 50% or 95%.

Of course that those benefiting from corruption in the use of social aid will oppose any effort to uncover it. That should not preclude the US government from investigating it and enforcing the existing rules in a sensible manner.

For instance: a dumb decision of massive drug testing proved to be a total failure. But at least we could know the levels of drug use among those receiving aid (which apparently was a huge myth among a certain segment of the electorate). We could do more to learn the magnitude of other issues that worry many of us, such as the use of food stamps to buy alcohol (to name one item).

11. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

By extension, the taxpayers give everything to everyone. No taxpayer money, no government programs, building, employees or delivery trucks.

The government builds nothing. Taxpayers build everything.

12. ESOX

I hate to say it, but growing up, living and/or working in the hood all of my life, I can assure you that a huge amount of food stamp dollars are not spent as intended. That doesn't mean we should punish those that actually need them and use them properly, but there is a whole underground economy in big cities, people making cash and getting welfare at the same time.....

13. jps

jps

This is a more balanced view. And I am all for cracking down on all the miss-use, abuse and corruption behind it.

My point is: I just don't think this bag is the way to do it. It will not solve the problem of corruption (although it may change the way the funds are embezzled/misappropriated and by who) and it will generate other problems that are present in third world countries.

For instance: those who are circumstantially in office (in this case are trumpists, later may be others) will use "bag distribution" as an electoral campaign weapon and as an indoctrination/propaganda tool. It is easy to slip "reading material" in those bags, even print it in the labels.

Also, some people will re-sell the bags in their neighborhoods.

And there will be overpricing in the massive food purchases and logistic services contracted by the government to fill and distribute the bags.

All this has happened already in other places. That is why I call this tread "making america a third world country".

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  14. ESOX

I would be willing to bet even costlier is the rampant Medicaid abuse, where people are paid to show up at the Dr's who, in turn, bill the Fed for services never performed, and pharmacies billing for prescriptions never filled. It's common knowledge where and how to take part....

15. eyepod

eyepod

Good. Distribute good wholesome surplus food. Instead of stuffing themselves with crap. Resulting in bad healthy eating habits, and higher medical bills.. 27867373_1616860181742019_1054802760226510131_n[2].jpg

RMH, vsmorgantown and Trout King like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.