Lure identification

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by zzcop302, Jun 25, 2020.

1. zzcop302

zzcop302 Premium Member

Anyone recognize this lure?
    I pulled it out of a box of miscellaneous tackle that I rarely use.
    No marks or identification on it.
    Anyway, my wife used it last night and did really well on smallmouth and pike....
    And now it’s a national treasure to her.
    I’ve probably had it for years and have no idea where I bought it, and, of course, it’s the only one I have.....
    I gotta say, it by far outproduced anything else we were throwing.
    To me, it looks like something Cordell may have manufactured.... but I have no idea.... full size nail clipper in photo for size reference.....
    My wife wants me to buy a dozen ha ha!

F5F92FE9-B573-4788-B5DD-0CD8AB5FB7B1.jpeg 720698D3-25E0-4891-B530-96C1011CECCC.jpeg 9462F0B0-1315-4EA7-9140-270C1F24318A.jpeg 098D2F14-5422-485A-B47E-3CC068866F5D.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. 6thMichCav

6thMichCav

zzcop302 likes this.

3. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I have a couple around as well.
    If I recall correctly they are Yo-zuri Crystal Minnows

4. zzcop302

zzcop302 Premium Member

I looked them up.... sure looks like them.
    Now to find a few in plain silver.
    I checked Amazon and EBay but I hope to find a better price than what I saw.
    Thanks for the information!

ESOX likes this.
  5. zzcop302

zzcop302 Premium Member

Those look very close....
    I imagine anything close and in silver would work equally well..... but once she caught 3 or 4 nice ones quickly in a row, she was convinced it was a magic lure and that I need to get more !

6thMichCav likes this.
  6. Fishndude

Fishndude

If you just tie the line directly to the split-ring/lure, instead of using that large snap swivel, it will probably have better action. Or just use a small snap to connect, instead of a snap swivel. Just something to consider.

ESOX and zzcop302 like this.
  7. zzcop302

zzcop302 Premium Member

Well, many times I like to tie directly.....
    But my wife likes to experiment and likes to change lures often lol...
    So, I put on a snap swivel for quick lure changes....she sometimes has trouble with her hands because of some tendinitis, so doing finer type things like tying knots can be a bit difficult....
    The fish sure didn’t seem to mind, at least that evening!
    I know that sometimes a snap swivel may affect action, but it normally she still can outfish me !
    You also might notice I put a small red bead on line.... I don’t know why, but it’s something that seems to bring me more strikes with almost any lure I use, often noticeably so.
    The only thing I can think is maybe a fish thinks my lure is chasing something that’s even smaller.... my beads are usually red, to blood red....
    Seems like an inconsequential addition, but I’ve often noticed an increase in strikes once I add one.

ESOX, ridgewalker and fishinthed like this.
  8. fishinthed

fishinthed

I also use a bead ahead of my leader -- to keep from reeling beyond the tip. What I have on hand now are white, but I could use a marking pen and color one red and see what happens.

I typically use a snap for quick lure changes and snap swivel on the front end of the leader, and add a swivel chain when fishing inline spinners to keep line twist down.

zzcop302 likes this.