Ludington

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by loomis10, Jul 8, 2020.

1. loomis10

loomis10

Anyone been fishing Ludington? Where are all the kings?

halftime1212 likes this.
  2. BFG

BFG

Wisconsin side. They will be in Ludington soon....

jumbojake and Gone Coastal like this.

3. 6667supersport

6667supersport

There are people fishing and there are Kings around, but the later it gets in July the more there will be around. Sure the same can be said for most all the Western side of the state from Muskegon North.

John Hine likes this.
  4. salmon_slayer06

salmon_slayer06

this week should be good. weekend looks like some north wind might set the shelf up. there's a hard southwest blow mid week next week should push the fish in just in time for the money boats.

Horseshoe likes this.
  5. Kisutch

Kisutch

There are no big kings to be had nor are they coming. For three springs been pounding this water and it has been a desert for small fish.
    Wisconsin is not hammering kings nor will they be. If you don't plant the they will not come. This will be even worse than last August. Do the math. If you are not seeing small fish years prior there is nothing out there.
    The Little River fish are acting like its August. Hitting in the dark and once a bit of light shows to the east it's over.
    It is going to be a long ugly summer of very empty coolers. Get use to it.

Kisutch

God Bless Dr Howard Tanner

Former Lake Michigan Stakeholder

Alewife what?

6. Slimits

Slimits

Sorry but have you seen some of the boxes from wisconsin? They are indeed slamming them.

BFG, FREEPOP, 6667supersport and 2 others like this.
  7. mdsalmon

mdsalmon

Not sure what i think. I can remember, 4 man limit catches not so long ago. Even down south this spring fishing was never awesome. So far our best catch on our boat this entire year is 10 and that was 4 Lakers, 6 kings in mid June? I've seen a lot of catches from Wisconsin, from friends, fbook or whatever, a few big ones for sure but not many limit catches, I've seen a lot of boxes of 2-10 fish. Look at their tournament results, not many limit catches there either.

Sent from my E6910 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

8. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Buddy got a 35lber last weekend outta Ludington.

9. gransportw

gransportw

I caught more kings last year then I ever have.

big earl and piscatorial warrior like this.
  10. candyman

candyman

Fishing will continue to be hit or miss same as its been for a few years now. In Muskegon we have caught more juvenile kings this year than the past two combined at this point of the season. Predicting August catch rates based off May and June doesn't make much sense to me. Less fish overall in the lake means more space to roam which means they will be harder to find on a consistent basis. Try fishing the bank off Frankfort mid to late August and you will see plenty of big fish being caught and anyone with a decent graph knows how many more were laying in wait. Bottom line is be willing to travel to the hot spots as they won't last for long but they will appear up and down the coast same as last year.

11. loomis10

loomis10

We caught 2 10lb steel and 2 lakers on Saturday.
    One jack out here this morning.

fisheater and Horseshoe like this.
  12. MPOW

MPOW

BFG, Sparky23 and 6667supersport like this.
  13. awfulpotent

awfulpotent

Fished racine first week of july caught only babies 20200702_232910.jpg 20200702_211345.jpg 20200701_220708.jpg

Attached Files:

14. MPOW

MPOW

Greenkingsalmon likes this.
  15. gransportw

gransportw

20200711_181021.jpg I took him out for his first trip on the big lake. He caught this 21 lb out of ludington. North out from light house.