Lowrance Hook 5 chart speed?

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by Pointerguy, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Pointerguy

Pointerguy

Need help, recently purchased a Hook 5 ice machine. I am unable to find a way to adjust the chart speed. I have the ping speed cranked up and everything else is set right. This is my 3rd different Lowrace model I have owned over the years and never had an issue on adjusting this. It's like fishing slow motion right now...

2. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

There is now way to change the chart speed on the hook series. I was very disappointed when I realized this as well. Best thing you can do is turn on the amplitude scope setting which brings up a line on the right side of the sonar screen, it has a ball that will move up and down if you are jigging while ice fishingand it is much fastertosee what is actually happening.

3. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

^^^THAT^^^
    One more reason I prefer my 'Birds over the Lowrance units I have/had owned.

4. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

I was very happy with my HDS unit, and I personally feel the upper price range units Lowrance is the way to go. On the other hand Hbird makes some very nice units at a much more affordable price.

5. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Agreed.

I can't see paying $1500 for a Carbon when you could get a 9" Mega for $1300.

It's going to push for more tech at a lower price across the board...