Lower Grand River (West of 231 to Lake)

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by TightLines88, Jun 8, 2020.

1. TightLines88

TightLines88

Wow! Thank you! I really appreciate you sharing your experiences and will implement your recommendations next time out. Thank you to everyone for providing input!
    Tight Lines...

2. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

One last thing I learned fishing down there.

The fishing was better on Spring Lake. From Stahl Bayou all the way up to Fruitport, plenty of bass along the seawalls, docks, and in the weedbeds in that end of the lake. Basically the same lures with the exception that I use a heavier bullet weight on my T-Rigs, and I peg the sinker so the bait gets down through the weeds. Without pegging the weight, the worm can hang up on a weed and the only thing down where the bass are is the sinker.

3. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Funny you talk about retreads. Buddy and I fished a tournament at a local lake in his 12' with a six horse. Every one in their sparkle boats tore off at the start. He had two five pounders in the boat before some of them came off plane, within 100 yards of the launch.

4. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

The river itself has been tough fishing all spring. The water has been muddy and high. As it drop and clears a bit the river will get better and better. Once it gets hot the bayous will choke out and warm up and the river will get real good. Just hang in there and the main river will get better from here through the fall.

5. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

If you get out any time soon, burnt orange was the color of choice. Hammered them yesterday and today. Most fish were sitting pretty deep off the weed edges