Lost English Setter Harrison area

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Foxhunter, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Foxhunter

Foxhunter

Need some help from the forum. My buddy Jim Hayes just lost his setter "Will" about a mile NW of Harrison Mi. GPS collar quit working while he was gone. Jim is still out in the field looking for him, but folks please keep and eye out for him. He's a tad skittish around strangers. Jim's contact info is on Will's collar. Jims cell is: 540-454-1302 He was last seen near the intersection of N Harrison Ave and East Long Lake Road PS. Please feel free to share on other Michigan forums so this get the widest spread.

[​IMG]

Liver and Onions likes this.
  2. birdhntr

birdhntr

3. Foxhunter

Foxhunter

Nothing so far. My buddy went out at 345 am to check on the crate he left out there with his hunting coat in it and nada. He is still out there waiting for first light and will start driving around looking.

4. birdhntr

birdhntr

Put food and water down also in crate.

5. on a call

on a call

We used to lay out my coat...but you went a little further....good luck.

Keep us posted.

6. Stand By

Stand By

Probably already thought of it, but if not. Get ahold of Clare County Animal Control. I'm not as familiar with that county as those to the north, but most try to be very helpful these days. They will respond to citizen reports of your dog, if spotted and call you when they get him. If it won't come to anybody, they might put out a live trap to help.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  7. KTBurleson

KTBurleson

Just saw on a facebook page that this dog was found. Thank God this is the case!

8. Foxhunter

Foxhunter

Hey there. We found the dog at about 10 am this morning. I was running my Llew about where he was lost in some horribly thick cover. She and Will have hunted together for years. I had just knocked down a Woodcock and my dog Sophie was making the retrieve and Will came running in. Gave him a big arse hug and put a lead on him and took him right out to my buddy. He had a rough night last night. Over an inch of rain and strong winds and 36 degree's this morning. That's tough for any dog to handle. Anyway thanks to all.

9. NATTY BUMPO

NATTY BUMPO

Great News. Gawd, I love a happy ending.

michgundog likes this.
  10. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

I would like to say Hello to you men.
    I live near Harrison.
    If you are hunting in that area, I can stop by.
    I've been reading tut's stuff on UJ for 20 years.

michgundog likes this.