close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking for some angler input

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by Lovin it, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Lovin it

Lovin it

looking for some input on rod holders out there on the ice. Couple things:
    Easiest to use and haul around and why?
    Sturdiest holder?
    Ide love to hear any and all opinions including brand names.
    I'm all ears. Thx in advance!

Bay BornNRaised likes this.
  2. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Welcome to the site. Try the search feature and I'll bet you'll find tons of opinions on your first question...

No one knows if you're fishing from a bucket, shanty or dark house and that really matters if you want someone to tell you what to spend your money on...

3. Lovin it

Lovin it

Thx for the heads up. You're right, prolly aren't mind readers here. Mostly shanty fishing but some bucket fishing also. Will try to figure this sight out and go a lookin.

4. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Cool...it's a good place and there's a ton of info here. I shanty fish and I bought many rod holders until I found just what worked best for my style of fishing. Searching the threads may also give you some ideas you haven't even thought of yet!

5. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

What did you find? I can send pictures of a couple of models I like but knowing what you're after will work best. Some guys just use a chunk of PVC bolted to a bracket but I like the store bought ones that work best in my shanty.

6. Lovin it

Lovin it

Well, I have found a lot of different kinds, from going to the store to homemade. I think what I'm looking for is something for the finicky still bite. I believe I half to lean toward something that the base of the handle does not slide into as that is all extra movement when going to grab the pole. I am jerky enough the way it is . I think I may have it narrowed down to a few as of now. I do appreciate your input very much. Might buy a couple and see if they work for me. "Bring on the ice"!!!

7. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

These work great on a lite bite if you match the right rod with them. I've often see the fish hooks themselves without me even touching the rod...

https://goo.gl/images/i6dGW7

8. Lovin it

Lovin it

Thanks for the link, I like the holder. Sais out of stock and not known when available again. Any idea what they were getting for them?

9. Lovin it

Lovin it

I
    but I am terrible on these devices doing searches:/

10. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Nope, mine are about three years old.

11. BUBBA340

BUBBA340

Cabelas have these under the northwood name also, they look identical in the picture. I am always looking for a better holder too but end up using a bucket...and accidentally knock my rod into it...the shanty mounted otter holders are nice to keep rods out of harms way when you are busy doing something stupid..like taking a leak and that makes the fish bite in my experience..

12. BUBBA340

BUBBA340

13. Lovin it

Lovin it

14. Lovin it

Lovin it

I'm 15 minutes from Cabelas. Might have to go check it out ooorrrrrrrr.... I'll make one! Stay tuned

15. Lovin it

Lovin it

IMG_6135.JPG