Looking for Remington 300 Savage Cartridges

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Liver and Onions, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

150 gr. core-lokt PSP

Not able to find these. If anyone see for sale anywhere, please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.
    L & O

2. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

See your other post.

Liver and Onions likes this.

3. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Yes and thanks for that lead. Much appreciated. The question that I asked in the other post.....does anyone know if this sortage will get better or worse ?

L & O

4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

With Remingtons bankruptcy and sale it will get worse. Use ammo seek and search popular calibers and you will see there is very little Remington stock in any caliber. My suggestion is to buy a lifetime supply now that you know who has stock.

I purchased an obscure chambered rifle that was on my bucket list. Hornady is the only supplier for the ammo which only retools every 3-4 years for 30TC. I purchased enough to last a lifetime if I shoot this caliber conservatively. I also handload but can’t match factory velocity. I’m glad I did everyone is almost out of stock in less than a month.

5. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

If you run out I say start reloading... I've loaded 300 Sav. for family members for years. It's not a difficult cartridge to get good performance out of both accuracy and a little extra velocity and terminal performance has been excellent with the loads I have created..

thegospelisgood and Doghouse 5 like this.
  6. thegospelisgood

thegospelisgood

Been stocking this one every chance I get. My sons great grandpappys gun. Immaculate safe queen. I used it once. Beautiful gun.

7. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

Sadly Hodgdon recently discontinued IMR4320, my favorite powder for the 300 Savage. This once again proves the rule that everything useful gets discontinued.

FullQuiver likes this.
  8. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Probably a good idea, but I have zero bakground in reloading. Now that we have downsized into a much smaller home and a very small garage......reloading isn't on the horizon.
    I do have some empty cartridges around from the gun and from my 30-06 if anyone is interested in having them. At a $1 per pound, not worth recycling for me.

L & O

jr28schalm likes this.
  9. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Good move. When I first tried ordering these in June from Cabelas and got the message back that they were not available, I thought that these would be like the toiletpaper shortage in March/April. After awhile, inventory would be replenished.

L & O

10. bwlacy

bwlacy

You might have to try another brand and see how it shoots in your gun.

11. thegospelisgood

thegospelisgood

I always find it at flea markets and gun shows. My neighbor reloads em so i buy those too. Ill see if he has any.

12. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Thanks for all the replies and leads for finding this ammo.
    On Friday I reached out to friend in Grandville and gave him the info and sent a photo of the box. About 45 minutes ago he called to let me know that Cabelas has a bunch on the shelf. Wow, I had checked Cabelas website and did not see any there several times over the past 4 months.......very surprised any of their stores had a good supply.
    So, if anyone is looking for this as of 5:30 this afternoon Cabelas Grandville has them.

L & O

bwlacy likes this.
  13. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

I'm so glad I can stick with what we have been shooting in this rifle for the past 15+ years. The rifle, scope and ammo are a happy, accurate marriage.

L & O