Looking for info on trap prices

Discussion in 'Michigan Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by Big Game, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Big Game

Big Game

A few years ago we bought some property with a beaver pond on it. After struggling with the beavers tearing down trees and flooding my land, I finally had somebody come in at the end of last years trapping season. He showed me quite alot and I'm looking to try a few sets this year. I was wondering where you guys buy your traps? Looks like I'm in the market for a few 330's to start. From what I've read on here Dukes may be considered an entry level trap. I have been meaning to check at Jay's for some prices but in the meantime figured I'd ask around here.

2. Denny jr

Denny jr

Go to www.trapperswarehouse.com and look around there. Best prices Ive found in a long time. You have to buy by the dozen, but I got a dozen 1.5s for $57.95, and a dozen conibears for 60-something. This site will give you a great start, not only selling traps, but tools and lures/baits. Just remember that if you do get some 330s you need setters also...I think they are called body "grip setting tool". Good luck, I hope this helps ya!:D

-Denny

3. Dave Lyons

Dave Lyons

BG,

Michigan based place to start would be F and T sponors as well of the website.

4. Big Game

Big Game

Thanks guys I have already cheked out the F&T website some good prices on there and not too far from home. I'll check out the link Denny thanks. The guy I had in last year showed me how to use a rope to set the traps. Is that what the tool does that you mentioned?

5. Dave Lyons

Dave Lyons

BG,

The rope does what the setters do. I just use my hands personally.

6. SJC

SJC

FandT is good but you could also try J+K in Whittemore. I have not seen anyone beat Ralph's prices on Duke traps. He was selling 1.5 coils for like 47 bucks at the convention. I don't know who is closer for you...

7. Big Game

Big Game

Thanks guys for the info. What size trap do you use in a foothold drowning set? He set up one of these on the dam and I thought it was pretty cool.

8. Diggdug

Diggdug

9. U.P. trappermark

U.P. trappermark

F & T is where I order most of my stuff from from.

10. SNAREMAN

SNAREMAN

While beaver can be taken in the smaller foot-holds,you would be far better off with a #5,mb-750 or the ts-85.

11. Denny jr

Denny jr