Looking for a new carry gun

Discussion in 'Concealed Carry Weapons' started by Hookineyezz, Dec 16, 2016.

1. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power Premium Member

Well one learns something new every day. :)

9mm Hi-Power

2. Vwidemann

Vwidemann

3. GIDEON

GIDEON

4. drwink

drwink

I might get ripped here but you might want to look at the Remington R51
    I have 2 an all black one that I put a Crimson Trace on and I got a 2nd "Smokey" black an gray model and I love them both. Most of the non owners have read so much bad press on the first generation they won't say anything good about it.
    First time I handled one when checking out carry guns 2 1/2 years ago for a year & checked out a lot of guns. This gun felt the best in my hands and couldn't get it out of my head.
    You are getting an all metal hand gun unlike most guns now.
    Most of the negative press is about FTF, however most of that is due to the magazine. A lot of guns have issues with magazines so this is really nothing new and if you do there are things you can do to fix it.
    In fact there is a R51 owners forum and you can read a lot to dispel some of the negativity and find out what you can do to correct it if you choose to aquire one.
    This is probably the fairest review.

As the saying goes. "Believe none of what you hear & half of what you see."

5. DLHirst

DLHirst

I’m shopping for an edc pistol now. 9mm. Appreciate all the info here. Thanks guys!
    I’ve tested a few, and narrowed down to M&P Shield or a P365. I seem to shoot the Sig better (but only barely). Oddly, the Shield feels better in my hand. I probably shot <200 rounds in either, so I expect to improve on both.
    Would someone like to talk me into either of these? Help me make my decision?

6. MontcalmCounty

MontcalmCounty

I had the performance center shield (ported/fiber optic sights), and my friend and his dad both carry Shield performance center guns. Their son/brother carries a Sig 320 Compact. Having shot both, I will say I really like the Shield. It's a good bit smaller and it feels much better in my hands. The ported barrel/slide truly helps tame recoil out of a small handgun. However, I am a bigger guy and opted to go a different route altogether and traded my shield off and now IWB a Glock 17.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

7. MontcalmCounty

MontcalmCounty

I also occasionally carry a Smith and Wesson 642-1. Its much smaller, and with a third of the capacity but it's very comfortable to shoot. I see you're in Oakland County, where exactly? I'm over that way often. If you'd like, you can give my 642 some time at a range.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

sullyxlh likes this.
  8. Red Wagon

Red Wagon

Look up a Springfield Hellcat.

zimmzala likes this.
  9. hooknhorn

hooknhorn

10. Red Wagon

Red Wagon

I went almost the same route. From the LCP2 to Glock 43. Then 43x. Then back to the LCP2 because of size. Sig p365 & Springfield Hellcat, kind of in between.