Looking for a new carry gun

Discussion in 'Concealed Carry Weapons' started by Hookineyezz, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Amistad

Amistad

The M&P Shield grip issue is easily solved with a $17 Talon grip. Get the rubbery one though, not the sandpaper style. Stick it on, hit it with a hair dryer and it's money.

2. I’ve done the same and it’s much better than the stock trigger.

I’m also considering another concealed carry. I like the LCP for it’s concealability, which tends to increase how often I carry. But it’s pretty small for anybody’s hands. I usually carry it in a wallet holster which is quick and easy, but it’s pretty slow to draw.

I’m now in the search for a new gun and I’m leaning towards a 9mm single stack. I’m investigating the Glock 43. I have a Glock 23 for my truck gun and I love it!

3. tsb3

tsb3

This ^^^. I've had my shield for about four years now. First thing that I did was the rubber Talon grips. 100% improvement. Extremely pleased with the shield, more accurate than I am and never a hiccup.

4. lostontheice

lostontheice

best is what YOU feel best for YOU..ive carried g23 g4,sig 290rs,ruger lcp380,ruger lc 9,(I loved the 23 but almost cried when I seen the color fade on the slide from carrying )..now I carry a Taurus 740 slim.. no issues as of yet, accurate, small enough for conceal carry,(even hard to see open carry with my small frame paddle holster).. and best is its less then 300.00.. I don't really care if It gets scratched ,or if the color fades.. If by some bad luck, that I have to use it,and the good ol boys take it for evidence ,I'm not out much..just something to think about..

Jumbo likes this.
  5. Jumbo

Jumbo

How do you like that Sig P290RS, I too have one.
    That DAO trigger, L o n g, otherwise I’m quite pleased with it.
    S&W’s rebate last year, wiffie got me a
    9mm Shield @ 265$ great price.
    Then she developed stage 4 small cell lung cancer & brain & bone cancer.
    Needless to say, it’s still new & not broken it for EDC.
    Be safe
    Jumbo Out

6. lostontheice

lostontheice

I liked it,but it was heavy..the refire system would be something to have,but I never had a round not go bang,so wasn't needed...my main issue besides weight was I'm not a hammer fall guy,and prefer striker fire..and yes a very long trigger pull and with a heavy pull,not what I could call a carry gun..

7. HUBBHUNTER2

HUBBHUNTER2

I carry a Glock 26 and love it. It hides well (i'm 5'10" 185lb) and it's a double stack. I've been considering switching to a Glock 43 as they are much slimmer (more so for summer) but I hate to give up 5 rounds. However, SIG just came out with the P365 and it is actually smaller than the single stack G43 but it holds 10 +1 compared to a 6+1 for the G43. I will be researching an watching this gun closely. If it's everything they are saying, I will be switching over. I think MSRP is 529 or maybe 599.

TheLionsFan likes this.
  8. gunsngolfn

gunsngolfn

9. gunsngolfn

gunsngolfn

Interesting.....I have a m-p shield 45 acp and the grip is like 40 grit sandpaper, maybe I got the only good one..good luck in your search

10. Busa Tom

Busa Tom

I’ve carried a g43 for 2 years & love it, never a ftf or any problems, also just got a kimber micro 9, & love it, only 300 rounds through it and also no feed issues, both are extremely comfortable to carry & shoot amazing!

Tom

TheLionsFan likes this.
  11. I just purchased a Glock 43 (single stack 9mm).

I like the fact that it’s larger than my LCP and a 1/4” thinner than my Glock 23, and a little smaller everywhere else. I put a Pearce +1 mag extension on it, and Talon grip on the gun and the extension. A couple of great inexpensive mods that I highly recommend.

I also ordered a Vedder Light Tuck IWB kydex holster. Should be here by the weekend.

TheLionsFan likes this.
  12. TheLionsFan

TheLionsFan

Same setup I use - G43 with Vedder Light Tuck. Love that combo. What’s the chances u load it with Federal HST 124s? Lol

13. Chances are real strong!!! LOL. I’m a BIG Federal fan.

TheLionsFan likes this.
  14. I also just put a Pearce +1 extension on it, with Talon grip for the gun and the extension. It’s feels like a whole new gun with them on it.

15. ONEIDABOW1

ONEIDABOW1

Ruger LC9s with 9 round extended magazine in a concealment express kydex iwb holster.