Long lake, Fisher lake Big Boys!

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by gundogguy, Aug 24, 2020.

1. gundogguy

gundogguy

Long lake Musky 46 in. Fisher lake Pike 36 In. Using a JB1 spoonplug type lure.
    Though caught on different lake both these fish were found on a 25ft flat close to deeper breaklines.
    August has always been a good time to find the big guys sticking their heads up and taking the bait.

NEW HUDSON WALT, LushLife and Hoot like this.
  2. Zib

Zib

I have a few of those Buck Perry Spoonplugs. I used them for deep water pike but haven't used them in about 15 years because I haven't fish many deep water lakes that much since then.

3. gundogguy

gundogguy

One thing I should mention Both of these Lakes Long and Fisher are small lakes under 300 acres and maximum depths in both are about the same 45 fow. But they both fish like the Ocean or Great lakes June July and August, Pleasure boat traffic is off the charts. Rock & roll is what my friend Jim Duplex calls it. It does not affect the fishing but it may have effect on the fisherman.

Hal

Out-N-About likes this.
  4. gundogguy

gundogguy

Deep slot or close to surface you have to check it out to cover all the bases. Keep'em in the water as you unhook'em. I will not pose any more with the Muskie's i catch The big guys are just to fragile, the sell out during the fight and just deserve to get back to normal asap.

Hal