Livingston Co. ice report.

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by NEW HUDSON WALT, Dec 11, 2018.

1. jaypluggin

jaypluggin

B97388A4-B23A-4B84-97DA-EF66EE3FC810.jpeg 66537796-B294-4E70-AE4C-FE1C6611E486.jpeg 3AE29AEB-3978-41AA-8392-5F6BE07344FD.jpeg
    Thanks. I haven’t done good all year this year on chemung. I went out of Whitmore today to scratch that itch one more time before the weather roles in. Awesome day today out on the ice, mid 40’s and no wind. Got into pike, bass and a couple gills. Fun day with a couple guys I haven’t fished with in awhile.

2. Fisherman7530

Fisherman7530

Hows the ice holding up after the spring weather we had yesterday looking to get out this weekend?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

3. PoppaRod

PoppaRod

why don't you go check it and find out

june bugger likes this.
  4. Raylaser

Raylaser

Hey Poppa, dude's only asking about ice conditions. He's not asking the GPS coordinates of your favorite honey hole. Sheesh, that's a legit question on this forum. I understand guys using this forum to find out "EXACTLY" where to fish but asking about conditions is very acceptable. Not sure where Fisherman lives, but as for me, when I fish in Livingston County it's a 90 minute drive for me and I'd sure like to know if the ice is intact before I pack all my gear and make the drive only to find out the shore is deteriorated and I can't get on the lake! I'm fortunate that my nephew lives in Howell and gives me a report as to whether or not conditions are good enough to fish. However, we don't all have that "go to" person.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Cod, sweet lou, woodstock1 and 6 others like this.
  5. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

Drove by a few lakes on my way through Brighton today. Never got out and checked but they were looking pretty bad. Some open water on the private ones along old 23. I think she’s done.

woodstock1 and NEW HUDSON WALT like this.
  6. Raylaser

Raylaser

Yeah, that's the intel I was getting late yesterday. Shore ice is getting real soft, real fast. Thicker as you get a little deeper but the top 3" or so is very soft or slush and the "harder" ice below is honeycombed and easily broken with a few blows from the spud. You might get out on a few different lakes but it my guess is you will have to be very, very cautious about where you go and spud your way out for sure. If it gets cold at night for a few days in a row it may firm things up through the weekend but my guess is not much after that. But, that's just a guess. As for me, I'm now waiting on the Maumee to go down a few inches and warm up a few degrees and then hit the walleye run! Until next freeze up gents, then back to the hard water!

7. FieldWalker

FieldWalker

Couple dudes out in front of Rock's this afternoon...

8. Fisherman7530

Fisherman7530

Lol someone got there shorts in a knot lol anyone that's mature ice conditions would be greatly appreciated if you dont know simply say nothing it's a simple question noone is about drama on here if you like that go to dr. Phil. It's a simple quesion it's for safety tight lines everyone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

9. june bugger

june bugger

some people just get tired of sharing with all the trollers. there is a private message function or(conversation)
    Personally I'm getting tired of helping people and they post it up here for everyone to see. There are alot of people here that are not signed up as a member but just watch whats going on and contribute nothing in return. there's been alot of parking spots ruined lately because of excess traffic

10. Raylaser

Raylaser

June, I too don't like trollers but this guy just asked about ice thickness and nothing else. That's a legit question. He wasn't even asking for a specific lake. Guy jumped on him like he was asking specifically where and when to fish. IMHO it wasn't warranted to respond that way.

11. june bugger

june bugger

12. sweet lou

sweet lou

Two guys went thru Independence Lake today waist deep got out ok but ended up at a hospital for hypothermia

13. NEW HUDSON WALT

NEW HUDSON WALT

Thanks for the information lou...I did not hear about that....I have been sick with the flu for a week so I missed last ice.
    Be careful if you head out and don't go alone.:):):)

14. sweet lou

sweet lou

Hope you are feeling better. I put all my stuff away over a week ago. Old guys need to be careful don't have the strength from my younger years. I enjoyed this thread, learned some things, made some friends, have a good summer.

Jigit and NEW HUDSON WALT like this.
  15. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

There was a line shanty out on chemung when I drove by tonight. Lake still looked pretty frozen. Anyone from here?