Livingston Co. ice report.

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by NEW HUDSON WALT, Dec 11, 2018.

1. sweet lou

sweet lou

Just so you know there is a do not eat fish on The Portage Chain of Lakes, PFAS's in lake all of Huron River.

Spacepuppy and NEW HUDSON WALT like this.
  2. vanhassink

vanhassink

Yes, we are aware. Thanks for looking out.

3. I fished a private lake just few miles from portage on Saturday, the ice was only 4 inches of non-honey-comb ice. It took a beating from last weeks warm spell. I never fished the lakes center because the ice thickness was only 3 inches as i creeped out to hit my spots. Only fished 4 inch ice areas closer to shore which was just fine after finding some weed cover and stacked fish. The ice was popping all day (making ice) so hoping these cold nights will help but couple day time temps this week will not help. Good Luck and be safe

NEW HUDSON WALT likes this.
  4. NEW HUDSON WALT

NEW HUDSON WALT

Fished for three hours this morning....the action was slow but everyone picked up
    about ten quality fish...great company on the ice.:):):) IMG_2605_LI.jpg

5. Raylaser

Raylaser

Hey Walt, glad to hear you guys got out, got a few fish, and had some good quality Hard Water Fellowship!!

PS: Like the location blackout in the background!!! Way to keep those "special spots" - special!! ;):D

6. PoppaRod

PoppaRod

Day late and a dollar short, I already pinpointed his spot and a good spot it is

7. jigworm

jigworm

Caught a dozen quality gills this morning. Ice is in great shape, 8 to 10”, but slick. Creepers were a must. The fish were moving a lot and it was tough to stay on top of them. Must have punched 30 holes.

8. june bugger

june bugger

Thanks for the update, snow is deep up north and I fully expect to come down there and put the smack down tomorrow,good luck boys

9. sweet lou

sweet lou

Well, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once and a while. Fishing on a Livingston County lake this morning my flasher was lite up the entire water column. A lot of 6" & 7" gills, looking in the hole I saw a crappie 2' down. I started with a jig right under the ice and caught some 9" gills. and even a few crappies. Was in 12' of water and all the big fish were right under the ice.

mudflapimmc and NEW HUDSON WALT like this.
  10. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

Ananyone been out or checked the ice since the weekend? Id assume there is still plenty. Might try to make it out one night this week.

11. PQuinn

PQuinn

Plenty of ice. Fished a small pond with 10”+ and walked out on Chemung today and it was plenty thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

12. Prouder02

Prouder02

Who’s the dingus that took their car out on big crooked and fell through off the point out by the launch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Raylaser

Raylaser

Do you seriously think they are going to cop to that stupid act?? LOL! :p:eek:

14. NEW HUDSON WALT

NEW HUDSON WALT

Went out this morning from 7:30 to 11 , took home 13 nice eaters for dinner , threw
    back about the same , it was a tough bite , going back out in the morning. The ice
    in great shape and the snow on top makes for a harder walk. :):):) IMG_2610.JPG

15. Roughfish

Roughfish

Tried to get some pike out of appleton lake last Friday and Bain lake on Saturday. Cut a big sight hole on a point/ sunken island on appleton not 30 seconds in the shanty and had a nice pike come in on a swedish pimple on my fiance's rod but it had no leader so she reeled it up and got a leader on and the fish swam off. I thought it was game on and we were gonna get a limit of pike and that it would come back after some time but we didnt get anything. I cut holes in anywhere from 2 to 35 feet and jigged everywhere and didnt see or have any luck the rest of that day. Then Saturday tried Bain lake put a sight fishing hole over a sharp dropoff near deep water and the clarity was pretty bad maybe 4 feet at the most. Fished from 37 feet to 3 feet and found some green weed beds and fished near a creek mouth had no bites.