Live from the baiting ban hearings

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by BigGriz, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon12162011

anon12162011

Two facts I've gained from this thread:
    1.Guys are sooo "concerned" acting as if the live streaming is something new, when NRC meetings have been streamed live for over a year.

2. Where were all these concerned "sportsmen" and I use the term loosely, when the dove referendum got slayed by the anti hunters.

Lovely to know where the importance of natural resources issues lie in some hunters eyes.

2. blood trail

blood trail

Careful there Tony. Allowing that could cause the chance for some nose to nose contact and Im sure both of you guys fall into the age class for the most likely candidate's to carry the disease vector.:evil:

3. William H Bonney

William H Bonney

The Dove Bill was a loser from the word go. The "powers that be", at that time screwed that one up, not the hunters. There never should have been any kind of vote to begin with.

4. 6inchtrack

6inchtrack Banned

:16suspect
    He already said that he had a rash :yikes:

5. 6inchtrack

6inchtrack Banned

WOW
    Deja vu

Has anybody checked out Michigan Out of Doors home page?
    They are currently running a poll...

"Should the NRC re-instate baiting in the Lower Peninsula?"[/COLOR]

74% yes

Look sort of familare?

http://www.michiganoutofdoors.com/

And this is almost as far away from deer season as you can get.

I bet that poll doesn't get banished to the sound-off forum.
    They might close it down if the results are not what they want, but probably not banished off into cyber jail or hidden under a rock.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  6. 6inchtrack

6inchtrack Banned

You know
    My whole life I have never been interested in body art. My father had a few from his days back in the service.
    But it never interested me.

But for me this point in Michigan whitetail history is an important issue,

I'm going to talk to my wife about maybe that I'll get one.

Thinking about an overlaying "6 Carrot Bunch" and maybe laying on a bed of shelled corn.

7. 6inchtrack

6inchtrack Banned

Well for me, after the ban is lifted I'm going back to the soda issue.

I'll have you know that I once went out of my way and stopped in the town of Springport because there was suposed to be "Free Pop".
    But it was all a scam
    I had to pay for it.

8. and where was the data/professionals acknowledging open end baiting will make our deer herd healthier. I did see many asking for the baiting ban to be lifted because it benefited me. Until i see more data/professionals providing the same type of information supporting open end baiting because it will improve the health of the herd today and in the future i say ban it statewide not just in the lower. deal with suplt feeding as a different subject matter. use the money collected from violators to restore public lands to a level that will be more condusive to supporting larger deer herds.

take the NRC/politicians out of the decision making process.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  9. brushbuster

brushbuster Premium Member

Watching the news on the batiing issue I saw an interviewer that stated its been a long 3 years. I just thought that might have been our very own 6 incher. Was it You?

10. sbooy42

sbooy42

Why yes it does look familiar to same poll we had here showing the majority not putting the resource first.

11. Jigin-N-Grinin

Jigin-N-Grinin

12. William H Bonney

William H Bonney

I'm not exactly sure what is so hard for some on here to understand about the job these officials have to do.

As much as I blast the DNR/NRC and the State for EVERYTHING they do, I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised by the approach they're taking on this issue.

Using some scientific data, some public input and common sense, to hopefully come to some sort of amicable decision,,,, without pissing off the majority of their customer base.

13. beer and nuts

beer and nuts

Bring baiting back..set limits..that way when the food plots don't take becasue people realize agriculture doesn't grow like the TV shows on the Outdoor Channel in NLP and everybody thinks planting rye in NLP doesn't automatically bring the buck pictured on the seed package in ...at least they can though some corn out and see a doe or two while enjoying the outdoors this fall! ps. I have yet to see a deer unhealthy because of 2 weeks worth of baiting, when the majority of bait is done!

I'm going fishing!

14. swampbuck

swampbuck

I seen that, I dont think it was six" though, The name they showed on the bottom of the screen is a different member here I believe.

15. Tom Morang

Tom Morang

I watched the entire segment and that individual never said "baiting was not hunting". Maybe I missed something but I could not find where he said that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.