close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lions- Cleveland

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by stickbow shooter, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    There was a lot of concern regarding Tabor's speed, until he gets some reps the concern will be there.

2. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Two assumptions. One is that we go exactly by the spread. The other is an even bigger factor, which is that not every game is wagered.

3. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I don't think I assumed either. I understand the possibilities in wagering. My point is if you are betting the lions the experts are pretty spot on judging by the numbers. This isn't a team a pro gambler is going to create some advantage on.

4. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    He's not betting against experts he's betting against fanboys who drink the Kool-Aid and make stupid bets based on emotions even I swing from side to side but I don't gamble.

The Lions have broken countless hearts over the years.

ESOX likes this.
  5. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I have done the same at work for years.....but it isn't paying college tuition that's for sure.

One year myself and 2 coworkers had a for fun pool. We all had to pick one team to win every single week as a guaranteed lock. The winner or winners got free subway bought by The loser or losers that week. This happened to be the year of the 0-16 season. I picked whoever played the lions each week. The two other guys were huge lions fans. They got so mad they tried making up obscure rules as the season went in but I wouldn't have it.

DEDGOOSE and Jimbos like this.
  6. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

You just need to know fans with more disposable income. ;)
    Decades of Koolaid drinkers adds up, especially with MET and Ameriprise...

Every parent needs to take advantage of MET
    http://www.michigan.gov/setwithmet/

7. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Different topic and don't want to derail the thread. I had a good argument on the money section a few months back. 529 plans for certain situations is the worst thing you can do for a kid and your finances. If they get into an elite school like UM or ND that pays 100% of need you throw a good chunk of money away by owning a 529. Keep your investment money elsewhere for college. UM will even count money saved in the grandparents name in a 529 against your kid.