Line type for panfish.

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Steellord, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Steellord

Steellord

Hey guys, I've got a question about line for panfish. What do you prefer: lo-vis line or hi-vis?. I'm getting older and I can't see some lines as well as I used to. I'm considering spooling my new ultralight reel with some hi-vis yellow line to make it easier for me to see and I am wondering if hi-vis spooks the fish or not. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

2. DE82

DE82 Banned

I like clear lines, the exception would be maxima ultra green. If you read up about it, it will tell you it disappears in clear water and from all my trout fishing I've done I'd say that to be true. For my money, ultra green in the 4lb and clear ande in 4lb are my favorite panfish/trout lines

3. CrazyJ

CrazyJ

You could always use a hi-vis main line of your choice with a couple foot long lo-vis leader. Thats how i have most of my rods set up, except for my ultra lite panfish rods where i just run 6lb clear mono. Most of my other rods i mostly use green braid with a clear flouro leader. The way i see it is why take the chance of spooking the fish with the line.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TrekJeff

TrekJeff

Take a look at transoptic by Trilene. It's gold until it hits the water and turns clear. $9 220yd

5. fishonjr

fishonjr

Just my .02$ but I go by the stain of the water, and the depth that I'll be fishing for panfish to determine what line I'll use. I always have an extra spool for the reel that I intend on using, so if the water is clearer/dirtier, or if I'm finding them deeper, I can just switch out the spool. Overall though, I really like the Cajun Red lines and when I can, I try to get away with the lightest line that the conditions will allow me to. Love the 2lb test for panfish!!