LIME LAKE DROWNING or ????

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by NATTY BUMPO, Aug 10, 2018.

1. NATTY BUMPO

NATTY BUMPO

A guy from Chicago was found dead in Lime Lake (Leelanau) last weekend. Under pretty mysterious circumstances.

Anybody got anything further to this story?? Was COD released??

gundogguy likes this.
  2. milanmark

milanmark Premium Member

3. NATTY BUMPO

NATTY BUMPO

OK, thanks. Awaiting toxicology results.........

4. gobluegill

gobluegill

Weird story. I'd like to know how they could rule out foul play. I've never heard a scenario where a person leaves his car running while pumping gas....and then drowns in a local lake.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

5. NATTY BUMPO

NATTY BUMPO

I haven't read that autopsy report, but they said there was no evidence of trauma or anything else on the body or in the organs which would raise suspicions of fowl play. That doesn't mean that didn't happen, but they didn't see anything physically. They may be doing microscopy on the tissues too??

As it happens, we were at a family reunion yesterday on LL. Locals there have no idea what or how this happened. Nobody on the lake knew this guy. Leelanau Co has one of the best sheriffs in Michigan; Big Mike is a bulldog and will find out "the rest of the story", sooner or later.

NB

6. Hoytman5

Hoytman5

Big Mike was a good CO too! I fish LL a lot too so I am very curious as to hear "the rest of the story" too.