Lighting upgrade for atv on ice...

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by BUBBA340, Apr 19, 2018.

1. BUBBA340

BUBBA340

This last winter I felt that my Grizzly headlights just did not let me see far enough ahead for me to be safe on the ice. I have heard that sometimes in white out type conditions less light is better so I hesitate to buy some $500. monster light bar..I have shopped rigid brand lights and wondered if anyone has had good experiences with them in snowy dark conditions. Too many bad reviews on cree lights. I don't want to buy a "cool" light bar to blind everyone, just want to be able to see ahead of me at night so I don't drive into open water..not sure if the flood type is best or if the driving lights would be best for my application, I already added an additional power source and want to install some lights over the summer. BTW I did not want to post this in the atv section as I wanted to hear from an ice fishing perspective specifically. thanks in advance for any advice..

2. plugger

plugger Premium Member

I have a 10 or 12 inch Auxbeam led. On my grizzly for ice fishing and I am satisfied. It was less than a hundred dollars from amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

3. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

Its not necessary to by a $500.00 set of lights. Do as plugger said....use Amazon. You may find a set of Cree lights once in a while. I've used the lights off that site for years and never paid more than $100 and never had a problem.