LFTS Ohio Firearms Opener

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Luv2hunteup, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

It’s opening day for Ohio firearms opener. I’ll be spending the day in a box blind in fence row in central Ohio. Rain is supposed turn over to snow. I have a friend on a different farm closer to Prospect in a pop up. Good luck.

2. buktruk

buktruk

My son is out in the rain hanging in a river bottom in his saddle. Sure glad I shot my Ohio deer during bow season. It’s miserable out there.

3. baseballdad

baseballdad

Kinda like Nov 15th of this year, It was nasty to say the least. Good Luck to your son

marksman72 likes this.
  4. TheSteelDeal

TheSteelDeal Premium Member

Good luck to you all. Are any of you on public if so how are the hunter numbers? I really wanted to go down but didn’t have time to do the research on public ground. It’s a long drive from traverse city to just pull up to a random piece of public to find a full parking lot. Stay safe post pics.

jiggin is livin likes this.
  5. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Already passed an opportunity at a 130” buck. Marginal shot at best so it was an easy decision.

6. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Nine does and fawn have been slowly feeding around. Still snowing. Gusting a bit more.

7. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

A nice 8 made a brief appearance. Not quite ripe.

8. ohio up hunter

ohio up hunter

Luv2, not sure what part of the state your in. Think we are getting 5 to 8 inches tonight where I live near Cleveland. All rain so far... Just returned from Michigan last night and may have to take my shotgun out and hunt before work Tuesday. Usually finished here during bow season Figured the deer would hunker down with the rain and wind. Did not get my Ohio buck with a bow. Your post is getting me fired up. Good luck

marksman72 and anagranite like this.
  9. Cat Power

Cat Power

My deer processor in Logan said it was the slowest opener he’s ever seen

I think only 3 deer came in

10. NormD

NormD

Asking for a Michigan who wants to gun or crossbow hunt in Ohio. I asked the ODNR and they said 'refer to the handbook". My buddy wants to know as a non-resident what his license fee's options are to hunt in Ohio. As a Ohio resident i pay very little in fees.

11. anagranite

anagranite

My hunting license and one either sex kill tag was $257.92. It will increase again next year i do believe, it was $150 total a few years back with a plan to increase it consistently for several years.

12. anagranite

anagranite

I hunt all public land, during gun season it gets solid pressure from locals and nonresidents. Parking lots being full might mean you have to walk a little further or over a few more hills but you can find low pressure areas. If you hunt opening day of gun season then plan on rain, it's rained 7 out of 8 years I've hunted. Archery season is super low pressure until November and then it is hit or miss.

marksman72 likes this.
  13. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Yesterday at a lease near me. Michigan resident.

856FF42A-4E7C-4566-BF69-46B6FAAB3E28.jpeg

QDMAMAN, bowhunter1, 3X8 and 24 others like this.
  14. pgpn123

pgpn123

marksman72 likes this.