LFTS Oct 9th

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by jiggin is livin, Oct 9, 2020.

1. SMITTY1233

SMITTY1233

This becomes I couldn’t so you cant dont ask. I highly recommend against that. Take the first step be the bigger person and it may save you the same sick feeling on next one. I never understood this but you hear it happening all the time. Dont they think you’ll just shoot another wouldn’t it be better to just recover this one... people sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

up520, Lever4ever and FullQuiver like this.
  2. Former grunt

Former grunt

Not the biggest but will taste just as good. Probably could have filled atleast one more doe tag or two if I had my regular bow tonight. Watched a little buck tear up a hanging branch tonight about 30 yards away. Taken the morning off tomorrow might hunt the afternoon.

Attached Files:

3. Craves

Craves

That is just horrible...I just don't get it.

Namrock likes this.
  4. Tom Fine

Tom Fine

Knock on his door and offer him a little money. That’s a tough situation to be in especially if it’s a small piece you’re hunting.

5. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

I guess not getting my deer is part my fault. I was only 75 yards off the line and didn't realize that I was that close. I put a good hit on the doe but I don't shoot huge broadhead. I heard her go down and thrash.. She is probably within 50 yards of the line.. I just won't violate his property rights. It's not worth causing my friend who owns the land that I hunt on grief because of me... I have my suspicion as to why he is so adamant about me not going onto his property..

Namrock likes this.
  6. M.Schmitz87

M.Schmitz87 Premium Member

Little 6 tearing up a tiny branch. 50 yards out. If he comes back in a year or two I would've taken the shot. Saw two bucks and two does (maybe the same doe twice?!) tonight. All in all a great day. IMG_20201009_175709738~2.jpg

jparks02, deepwoods, Airoh and 4 others like this.
  7. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

I talked with him and he went ballistic at the idea of me going on his land... You would have thought I asked to sleep with his mom.. I already got cussed out and I was as apologetic as I could be to start with... I'm just not sure that another conversation would make it better.. He was hot right out of the gate..

Tom Fine and Whitetail_hunter like this.
  8. Waif

Waif

If the property owner is going to be like that....I'd not be sending him/her a Christmas card.
    That would be my legal option.

Good thing I wasn't there. The language would have been offensive. Might have even called someone a weiner!:eek:

Queue up for another as your friend says.
    Sometimes as you know they can cover a lot of ground in a very short amount of time.
    Then on a similar shot not hardly get anywhere.
    (Unless you want them to go somewhere farther. More so if a direction is involved. Like away from the swamp vs deeper into it... )

To heck with pursuing permission further. You fulfilled your obligation to pursue within the law. And the landowner is within his right here. I don't like it either, but it is what it is.

Namrock likes this.
  9. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Bring a bag of carrots over as a peace offering

10. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

Yeah that was my guess. Last year I killed a couple of does on this property and when I opened up the stomach after I gutted both, their paunches were full of carrots..

11. Former grunt

Former grunt

Gotta use oats or grains, they blend with the ground better. Well so I hear.

jonnyb and Whitetail_hunter like this.
  12. Waif

Waif

And I've wondered why he don't just drag it back to the line himself. But he's who he is.
    And yes , the wrong party you don't want to be involved with no way no how , let alone set foot on their land..
    Even asking permission demonstrated that...

A younger me might knock tomorrow and tell him I lost one of my drones that sends pictures to my computer on his place when it crashed, and could I please go look for it?:whistle:
    (No , I wouldn't go out there with him!)

Namrock likes this.
  13. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

Waif I agree but won't hit the like button because there isn't a da#* thing I like about this situation or a thing that is going to change it... Thanks for your support though...

Namrock likes this.
  14. plugger

plugger Premium Member

I can’t post from my stands at the farm but here is the clover plot I was hunting in tonight.
    IMG_0651.JPG
    I did not get a picture of the deer in the field because it was dark but here is it now. IMG_0652.JPG

The deer was double lunged and only went 70 yards or so but it was 70 yards into an old beaver pond. It took me about and hour to get it to where my BIL could get to with the mule.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

15. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

I'm thinking looks like pastrami time...

Tryin2, LuckyBucks and plugger like this.