LFTS Oct 9th

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by jiggin is livin, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Former grunt

Former grunt

Just sent it on one of those does I've been watching for the past hour, came into 33 yards, I think the little 4 point that came thru pushed em towards me, using the crossbow tonight till I get my bow fixed Sunday

2. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

My buddy shot his biggest buck on the 4th, his hocks were black and stinky... already!

Been hanging with a buddy I haven't in years. He's a trapping fool, and good at it. If you need a trapper for them damn yotes after the season I'm sure hell travel !

Nice, congrats!

I'm not sure how the hell you guy's are on phone with minutes of shooting light left !!! They're going to see your phone glowing :dizzy::dizzy:

3. flipper1

flipper1

I got out of work early and decided to take my traditional bow out after a doe tonight. About ten minutes ago I had 4 nice doe come in and I stuck one at about 5 yards. My legs were shaking so bad I wasn’t sure if I could make it happen. What a awesome hunt

4. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

I'm closer

5. Badfishmi

Badfishmi

that’s gotta be one hell of an adrenaline rush. Good luck !!

6. bwlacy

bwlacy

Saw 7 does and fawns. Passed a couple of does.

Congrats to those that let one fly. Good luck on the recoveries.

7. old graybeard

old graybeard

AWESOME! CONGRATS

John Hine likes this.
  8. IT.Fisherman

IT.Fisherman

Ended up seeing a nice 8pt, guessing 130" but walking the other way. Had my release on my string and second away from drawing on a doe when a farm cat came out of the woods and busted all the does from the field. One momma didn't like that and proceeded to chase the cat through the woods trying to stomp on it!

9. SMITTY1233

SMITTY1233

[​IMG]
    Buddy coming home from long hospital stay to some freezer meat took me about 68 minutes! Told him we’d get him two. Might be biggest doe I’ve ever shot didn’t take time to weigh with temps straight to meat locker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

Donno. Guess were in different times zone . Lol. No glow at 7. And you can turn backlight off and get virtually no light even when dark. I dont take it out if even a chance though. Hell I dont use a light to put sticks together or walk out.

11. retired dundo

retired dundo

Congrats your buddy sure does have a great friend in you

John Hine, Hoytman5, up520 and 3 others like this.
  12. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

One doe snuck through at about 50 yds. Never stopped or got close enough to think about a shot. Was hoping there would be more following but no dice.

Way she goes boys.

Kinda glad, I was sweating just sitting there. I need some lighter hunting clothes. lol

13. AnesthesiaOutdoors

AnesthesiaOutdoors

Had a shooter buck at 4 yards. Hung around for 45 minutes. All after legal shooting light. He never spooked so hopefully next time he comes in 5 minutes earlier!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

14. AnesthesiaOutdoors

AnesthesiaOutdoors

Had a shooter buck at 4 yards. Hung around for 45 minutes. All after legal shooting light. He never spooked so hopefully next time he comes in 5 minutes earlier!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

John Hine likes this.
  15. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

I'm a little sick tonight.. I got home a bit ago but not with my doe. Deer ended up going onto the neighbors property and I was told that in no uncertain terms I couldn't get my deer. They didn't care about the blood trail or anything.

I'm sure she's dead just over there but I don't want a dispute especially because I am hunting on a friend's piece of property. He doesn't need trouble with the neighbors because of me. My friend said just shoot another one that there are plenty.. The neighbor seems like a knob but it is his property.. I have had this happen once before years ago. Didn't get resolved then with good results.. I am just sick..