LFTS Election day

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Richard Cranium, Nov 3, 2020.

1. ScipioCreekAssasin

ScipioCreekAssasin

Out in Eaton County. Work gives us the day off to vote. Already did so I will go hunting. Sitting between two beddings areas 20' up. 4 bucks and 2 doe so far. 3 bucks were just cruising. Hoping a shooter has the sam idea this morning. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Cold and chilly in Wellston this morning. Not expecting much as the deer were partying all night.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

3. TCpat&trout

TCpat&trout

On the ground in Kalkaska County on the edge of a travel route. I bird hunted in here the other day and saw 8 fresh scrapes and tons of rubs.

The truck said 28 when got out but that feels generous. 2-3 inches of loud crunchy snow on the ground made the walk in loud.

2 red squirrels have been fighting for world domination right above me since first light. They were raining bark and twigs on me a little bit ago.

I already voted so I’m gonna sit until I get bored then go check some beaver traps with my brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

jeffm, up520, uofmball1 and 9 others like this.
  4. Flight of the arrow

Flight of the arrow Premium Member

Couple of spikes so far, and I believe a doe getting ready to go into heat, the spikes where close but lost her, one eventually got back on the trail, the other went to feeding on winter wheat.
    Flight

5. Team Camo

Team Camo Premium Member

Nothing so far. Fox again right at daybreak. Figured for sure the way they were moving in alll that wind yesterday evening this am would be perfect.

up520, bigbucks160 and vsmorgantown like this.
  6. Skibum

Skibum Premium Member

Checking in late. In a ladder on a ridge I killed my best buck from. It’s a good cruising spot that connects 2 bedding areas. Just squirrels so far. Good luck guys.

up520, MichiFishy, 1morebite and 5 others like this.
  7. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

8. bigbucks160

bigbucks160

Buck number 4. 3 small and one nice 10pt( not close enough to shoot but he’d get a pass he’d be a stud next year, if he makes it)
    9B6AC822-65BE-4E8C-881A-C92A4C397208.jpeg

9. spikekilla

spikekilla

37C99815-AFE6-4B0E-B836-EBAD44BF0001.jpeg Missaukee public hill country today. Historically good this time of year. Last chance to take advantage of the tracking snow for a while. LFG

10. Team Camo

Team Camo Premium Member

Sun just hitting field...come on deer!
    IMG_20201103_074739675_HDR.jpg

11. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

Been a fun morning and action from the get go. Sparkler running does. Then a six ran a doe by me. Lots of does running. Now I got a deer snorting on the ridge and I know for a fact it’s not at me I’m hundred plus yards down wind of her so not sure what that’s all about. Good luck all and happy St Huberts Day.

12. anagranite

anagranite

Just had a buck wind me a blow for a solid minute or more, he bound off blowing so i decided to grunt in case he had other deer on alert. Apparently I didn't smell too bad because he turned around and walked right back to me. Definitely a shooter but he stopped just past my shooting lane and then left for good....close but not close enough.

13. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

This post is gonna make every working man sick today....but it's HOT hunting right now.

I head out...walk down the trail to my stand. Stop cold Turkey 10 yards from it as a doe is being dogged HARD by a 12" 6 point buck. They do circles in the dark. I can see them with my healight...at 1 point I'm nervous of them running me over as they don't even realize I'm standing 15 yards from them.

They continue to do circles, and then I see another set of eyes as I am frozen in the trailed locked up with my mouth wide open. The other set of eyes comes charging in. A beautiful 8 point hits the brakes in front of me...stops and looks at me. Only 7 yards away.

The fog wafted up in front of my headlight as the staredown continues. His tall tines shined in the light as the other buck and doe stopped chasing.

I didn't know what to do. It's not legal hunting yet, the buck is staring at me, and he finally got smart enough and bounded some 15 yards further. Me...I'm still frozen not believing what I'm seeing.

The other deer knew something wasn't right. They became conscious of my presents finally. The larger buck then knew I wasn't right to be there...let out a large Snort and bounded off further. But still staying close by and not totally spooked. The others did the same.

I then heard coyotes howling ever so close...what a true Michiganic Experience!!! I sure did want to climb my tree steps but still waiting frozen to see what would unfold.

The last deer finally let out a snort and circled due north. I tipped toed to the base of my tree now, and started my ascent upwards. Incredible beginning to a hot deer action day!

NbyNW, KEV.MI, B Smithiers and 29 others like this.
  14. sniper

sniper

A spike in my crp earlier and this 6 pt so far. Hey it’s morning and I’ve seen 2 deer already.!! It’s all gravy from here IMG_1963.JPG

HuntnCook, jeffm, up520 and 21 others like this.
  15. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Admin Mod

When the going gets tough..
    The tough take a leak and follow it with a doe bleat.
    It's time.
    <----<<<

B Smithiers, KEV.MI, 12Point and 12 others like this.