LFTS Black Friday

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by crossneyes, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Waif

Waif

Ahh , the good old process of elimination...
    Kind of like my former pool shooting , herd them towards the corners strategy.

Keep at it.

Airoh, Fool'em and Quig7557 like this.
  2. Quig7557

Quig7557

As far as looking for a wounded deer, blood etc. A few years back I took a 260 yard shot on a buck, I was pretty sure I heard it hit. There was snow on, found the spot, found one hair on the far side of the deer. Tracked it over 100 yards before I found blood. It was a perfect shot that hit its heart, 7mm-08.

If you felt good about the shot, re-walk the area and bullet path and look for signs you hit something. If nothing shows, do the best you can searching the direction it ran.

I haven’t hunted since Wednesday morning, I saw two doe and a spike then. Heading out on federal in the morning.

pescadero, 3X8, TheMAIT and 1 other person like this.

3. TU-MSU

TU-MSU

Welp It’s been several years... Time to shoot a doe. Beautiful night in Van Buren Sw wind clouds started to clear. Short sit as we got to trees stands at 3:15. At 5pm no dear year yet as three of us had three corners of the picked bean field. Sun going down and I’m looking for a doe. 515 deer shows up across the field and alert my buddy via text. Pull up the range finder to verify. Look to my left and see a doe at 120 yards right at dusk. That’s what I’m looking for and pull up my 450 bushmaster on a qrt away shot. Down goes my doe in a high shoulder neck shot. As I walk up to see my doe and discover small 4pt buck. Ears completely covered the antler in the scope. Felt bad for this beautiful deer as really like to let the little guys grow. But venison in the freezer and very very thankful!! Wish the little guy got to grow.. happy to have it and thankful for the clean kill.

Swampdog467, Stubee, Baybum and 10 others like this.
  4. Former grunt

Former grunt

Long day in the swamp, broke my own rule of only shooting a buck outta there because the drag is really horrible when 8 does came up on the ridge, ended up letting the 300 win mag eat again, all the does turned and ran down the ridge where mine piled up tripping the doe running behind it which sent that one cartwheeling, was kinda funny. 1.5 hour later and still 400 yards from the parking lot another hunter coming outta the woods helped save the day by helping me drag. Deer number 5 for the season is hanging and I won't be breaking my own rule again. Only seen acouple does that came outta the marsh down wind of me in the afternoon. think the mullet is a good luck charm, hope to confirm it by shooting a decent buck outta the swamp another day.

Attached Files:

Swampdog467, Stubee, Baybum and 19 others like this.
  5. mjh4

mjh4

Congrats on the good buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

6. firemantom

firemantom

no, I wish though! I was hunt the refuge off of West Jefferson in Gibraltar.

sniper likes this.
  7. firemantom

firemantom

I hear ya. Lol. Just now catching up on this thread. I hunted the fir year also, only saw one huge buck, but no does. I was hunting the first set of blinds from the north lot. Nothing today, it’s so thick where I’m hunting, it’s gonna be tough but my son hunted the first weekend there and got a big ol girl! Thanks for the offer!

Wiretime likes this.
  8. Fool'em

Fool'em

congrats on the deer
    Memorable hunt for sure.
    I’ve got spots with rules like that. Done the same thing too, break my own rule then pay the price. Last time I did I shot a doe in one of those spots then 15 min later a big buck came along and I had to shoot that as well. Got home at 1am that time.

Waif, Stubee, Former grunt and 5 others like this.
  9. retired dundo

retired dundo

Congrats

10. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

You did write his name on some type of bullet and tell him you don't wanna have to use it, right ?

Congrats on your best !

Deer killing machine. Congrats, now time for that sister :)

Big ol gal congrats

fxtrppr, Former grunt and John Hine like this.