Lfts 11/30

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by crossneyes, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Spartan88

Spartan88

Good luck guys, the fat lady is warming up...

2. old graybeard

old graybeard

Hang around buddy we've still got another month of deer killin coming.:)

3. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

Oh I know. I'll be out hopefully snow. Flies

4. Dish7

Dish7

Made a little ground blind. Cut a hole to get up tight under a big cedar. Beat down a couple shooting holes in my sorghum plot screen. Pretty comfortable, lol. Not real optimistic about a shooter in here before dark, but a good dry run to drop a doe or two next week.
    20201130_150721.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  5. jeffm

jeffm

Yes!!!!Thank you Lord.
    My favorite, snow and snow camo.
    Chasing whitetails with a little varmint calling in the same hunt. Been a long time for this kind of excitement in my life.

6. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

You are wrong. Or your DNR contact was. Digest clearly states any deer on public land, and in Zone 3 and some zone 2/3 counties, muzzleloader is a second firearm season

Sprytle and d_rek like this.
  7. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

He is not wrong. He said during the late antlerless season. You can only shoot a buck on Public Land with a muzzleloader 12/14-1/1. You can however use any legal firemarm on Public or Private during the "muzzleload" season in Zone 3. Now...we are about to get scolded...this is LFTS...we beat this to death in other threads...feel free to look it up and read the umpteen pages of discussion;)

8. 27 degrees here in Spalding twp Menominee county. This is it for the 2020 firearms deer season First time ever that I have hunted everyday of the season Feeling like OGB. Haha. Today actually feels like deer season with the intermetant snow showers Will probably burn some propane in this elevated box blind tonight. Good luck everyone and be safe. It’s been great following along with all the LFTS s everyday. Congratulations to all of you that scored but a successful hunt to me is just being out here and enjoying nature. Especially in this time we are experiencing

9. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

In the context to the original question you are both wrong. The original question was about limited firearms being allowed during the 10 day muzzleloader season. Not the late antlerless season. You are also wrong there as well because saying you can only shoot an antlered deer is incorrect. You can shoot any deer. I did look it up, and was one of the first people to mention the new opportunity on this forum

d_rek likes this.
  10. Airoh

Airoh Premium Member

Six does strolled through. 0 bucks.
    One bald eagle circled the property.
    Don’t know why. No gut piles here.
    Wind has not let up here in Iosco cnty.
    Got a pic of two of them.

7B87CAD3-28BC-4371-9D07-8C1B2BF81464.jpg

up520, HuntnCook, Sprytle and 13 others like this.
  11. old graybeard

old graybeard

Don't run away. Bow season opens back up tomorrow and Friday we get to start making smoke. It's far from over. :)

12. I’m not running away. I ll be at but I think I just might take tomorrow off to recharge

13. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

I said you can shoot a buck on Public with a ML on Public 12/14-12/1...OF COURSE, you can also shoot an antlerless deer with any of your buck tags or antlerless permit for that area at any point of the season...thought that was pretty clear to all. Good luck to those out tonight!

d_rek likes this.
  14. fish RN

fish RN

Had 3 come in from behind me. Doe with 2 button bucks. Heading to the food now

Attached Files:

15. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

You aren't sticking with your .450 on Friday? Or going smoke just for tradition?