Lfts 11/28

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by wildcoy73, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Flight of the arrow

Flight of the arrow Premium Member

Nothing since the 5 doe’s early this morning, sounds like a war zone compared to all the other days I’ve hunted.
    Flight

jeffm and November Sunrise like this.
  2. Quig7557

Quig7557

Federal land in Lake county, I’ve seen two spikes travel through at 8:30. First time here, I wasn’t motivated enough to go to the ridge country I intended to hunt this morning

Waif, 1morebite, MichiFishy and 2 others like this.

3. Bowhunt

Bowhunt

4. Fool'em

Fool'em

Just saw the coolest looking squirrel.
    Didn’t get a pic but he will be back.
    Smoke grey with light tan ears and tail.
    be a fine trophy color phase squirrel.

Airoh, vsmorgantown, mjh4 and 11 others like this.
  5. MichiFishy

MichiFishy

Gorgeous morning, but slow. One deer before light and only one shot so far which is weird. Got a bunch of tweety birds keeping me company though

16065732171981025888447.jpg

6. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

OPERATION DEPLOY AND DESTROY

Put Operation Deploy and Destroy back in effect again this morning.

Before season set 12 mouse traps I only caught 3 before season much to my dismay, with a few more tripped. Didn't catch anymore. Removed 6 traps so I wasnt setting them off with my feet. Wasn't much activity so I got lazy with them.

Well low and behold this morning I had 1 further inspection revealed baitless traps and they got into my butter and sunflower seeds.

Normally bait with peanut butter, but didn't have any. I've had luck with seeds and peanuts before never used butter, but seeing it's a primary food source I lubed up my sunflower seeds with butter acting as a bonding agent to trap. It should make them work a little harder thus ensuring they get caught. How they can eat your bait not get caught is beyond me because they are touchy, A few pro tips I employed today set the bait further back on holder for accurate neck shot. Also I have two primary entrances they use to get in, I created funnels just to the side with water bottles ensuring they had to go between them and the wall.

If I'd known this I'd have brought scent killer for the traps and wore rubber gloves to minimize my smell.

#Victorprostaff
    #DavidSunflowerSeeds
    #LandOLakesButter

7. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

332497E5-1361-4C62-9CD3-69C6A087B65E.jpeg Pictured is the dilemma of that elite class of hunter who holds out for only the biggest of button bucks. All of a sudden, after weeks of no opportunities, materializes not one but two quality nubheads in my north lane. Which one to shoot? But then in my haste to grab the binoculars to get a closer look I spilled my root beer. Before I could make the shot determination they slipped into the brush, leaving me to consume my final doughnut without liquid accompaniment.

8. dinoday

dinoday

You have better restraint than I do NS..my lack of sightings this season would get me pretty tempted to get one of those for the wall (or at least a taco) :D

QDMAMAN likes this.
  9. Pasquan

Pasquan

Calling it for today...got plans this afternoon but gonna do an afternoon sit tomorrow which looks better anyhow...didnt see any deer but saw a lot of other animals...was a nice morning to be out for sure...good luck to all who can make it out today

10. jeffm

jeffm

Best day for deer moving since bow season in my area. I sat about 40 yds from where my last buck was taken cuz I've been seeing a group of doe's and fawns cruzing a couple of times to a bedding spot , small dia. slashings with grass and pines in the mix with beds thru out it. They follow a small shallow valley amongst the thick poplars that comes into the bedding. Anyhow they decided to stick to the thicker edge 25yds farther thru the thickest poplars instead. Thought real quick about moving closer to the thicket incase a buck follows them, should of went with my gut. 3 -5 minutes later I see movement same path as doe's..then see his white rack but could not %100 tell if it was a shooter that I'd be happy with.. to thick (lots of season left for me) shot rings out 30 minutes later from private land:lol:
    Sorry so long winded, good luck all, I should still be out in da woods.

Airoh, Dish7, old graybeard and 5 others like this.
  11. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

What’s wrong with your buck that it couldn’t go on the table?

12. Scottygvsu

Scottygvsu

Paid my lease this morning. The landowner is very particular. No rutted up bucks, no old horse head does.
    Tender yearling doe or two fawns.
    6069E26A-AAB6-4B3D-8103-CBA130F38A68.jpeg

13. skidoojc

skidoojc

MichiFishy and DEDGOOSE like this.
  14. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

What causes deer hair to fall out in clumps? This is on my access trail behind a row of houses. One in particular that we have had issues with this year with their grandkids trespassing to small game hunt. Trying to think they didn't shot a deer off their patio. House is 60 yards away

20201128_093836.jpg 20201128_093842.jpg 20201128_093901.jpg