LFTS 11/23/2020

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by johnhunter247, Nov 23, 2020.

1. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

I'm headed out the door sooner then later.
    Congrats to those that have scored !! Just got news a lifetime buddy, great buddy passed away yesterday evening.... ******* sick.. we're young, 37 he was only 38.

Life's short people, be happy and enjoy !! All this talk today
    Hope a big doe steps out before a little buck. I'm killing whatever decides too first !! & if it's little I'll drink with all my buddy's and be happy as it was a 12 point monster !!

Good luck all, rest in piece my brother Burke :(

2. d_rek

d_rek

Sorry for your loss.

To be clear i'm not lecturing anyone. Shoot what makes you happy and enjoy your time in the woods.

3. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Sorry Snort...only the good die young. I lost my best friend at 42 from Lou Gehrigs disease. He was a cool dude...

4. old graybeard

old graybeard

mjh4 and Wiretime like this.
  5. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

On a large scale that may be the case as it's hard to ascertain from personal experience what's happening on a broad scale. I do believe that the LFTS threads have never had the age structure of bucks killed like we're seeing this fall.

From a standpoint of personal experience, in the areas we hunt I've never seen anything like this year, in terms of bucks still alive at this point in gun season. For instance, on our Eaton County ground we've killed 3 bucks, I'm sure at least that many more have been killed by neighbors, and yet on Saturday alone I think our group saw a dozen different bucks.

6. old graybeard

old graybeard

So is anybody really hunting today or are we just turning this into a big buck platform? I'm still hunting but unless I shoot a book buck I'll just keep it to myself. :) Good luck all!

7. lil bluegill

lil bluegill

No kidding

aph likes this.
  8. ottertrapper

ottertrapper

Doesn’t need to be a giant beautiful buck

Wiretime and FREEPOP like this.
  9. Bowhunt

Bowhunt

I also think hunters mentality’s are changing, especially young hunters. Another factor that I feel plays a big part is just weather conditions during peak hunting times. Last year, conditions were quite ideal, late bow and gun and I think high hunter participation with ideal weather led to more harvests. I am curious with what next year will bring with the less than ideal weather conditions the first couple days of gun this season. Will that alone, get more bucks through to next year where we are talking about how great of year it could be?

November Sunrise likes this.
  10. Snowlover 77

Snowlover 77

I am very sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you're feeling. I agree whole heartedly, we need to enjoy every minute we get in the woods. I hope you tag one tonight.

11. Spartan88

Spartan88

I might be joining soon...

Attached Files:

12. MrFysch

MrFysch

Yes it was...I tagged 4 bucks a few years when we had that opportunity.

13. MrFysch

MrFysch

You want coordinates to my stand in da UP?...STILL a 10 ptr and a GIANT yooper 8 hanging out there...good luck OGB!

14. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Oh no you don't! I love seeing the big bucks pics, because I don't see many around my area. Lol

It is, mine is changing too. I still love hunting for the traditional aspects. I just have been steering the way of letting them grow if they don't get me fired up. I am not hunting age classes and I couldn't really care less about scores, but I hope to get there someday.

I just go off of what I see on my cameras regularly and set my sights on the upper echelon. I don't fault anyone else that does different. That is what rubs people the wrong way. I still find the "everyone should let them grow to be mature" mentality abrasive, but I get the idea behind it. I don't think that should be what it is about though as I still am primarily a meat hunter and I love everything about hunting. I don't want it to turn to a trophy only aspect as a whole, but I do get holding ones self to a higher standard as things evolve. The healthy and stable balance is somewhere in the middle, as with most things.

15. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Admin Mod

Can we PLEASE limit responses in the LFTS stand threads to be related to being live from the stand??
    If you want to debate management - TAKE IT TO THE MANAGEMENT SECTION!
    I intend to be LFTS for four days starting on Thanksgiving, and really don't have much time to weed through all the BS.
    Thank you!
    Carry on!
    <----<<<