Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

LFTS 11/14/2017 Last Day of Deer Season Edition

16K views 192 replies 73 participants last post by  shamanlk13 
#1 ·
Last day of the chess match known as early archery season. I hardly ever miss it.

Tomorrow begins the noisy arcade pinball game known as the General Firearms Season.

Be safe, men.

#5 ·
Last hunt at my home property until December. Pulling out all the stops to try and get my target buck in range.

Took a scent free shower and then sprayed myself down with Buck Bomb body spray and evercalm deodorant applied. Stunk up the house and the wife kicked me out. Sitting in the barn now planning out my rattling plan. Thinking I will do an all out brawl every 10 minutes for a duration of 5 minutes. Without a doubt this will pull out my target buck.

Plant Flash photography Felidae Carnivore Fawn

#8 ·
Last morning before I break out the 30-06! A year ago today the weather conditions were very similar and my brother shot a brute of a buck to tag out. My Dad is sitting in the stand this morning where my brother shot the buck last year and I’m in the same stand I was in last year. Hoping this year is a repeat and one of us gets a shot at one of the big bucks we have hanging around our place! Good luck and be safe!

P.S. my brother is sleeping in because of a headache/migraine this morning so we should see some deer! Lol

#11 ·
Here in southern huron county 30 degrees frost light sw wind. Ran a bit behind this morning had plans on sitting a stand in the timber but some reason my gut said to sit between two green fields. Parked my truck and a real nice 8 was locked down with a doe before light. Already see does an fawns in the distance. Good luck everyone one last day of silence

#13 ·
Good luck guys. Up drinking coffee and Waiting for daylight to track a buck I shot at last night at 5pm. Hit shoulder and 5-7" of the arrow is missing so believe it's still in him.

Didn't even look - just quietly walked out so I didn't push him and waited. Starting the search at 8 when it's brite out

#50 ·
Good luck guys. Up drinking coffee and Waiting for daylight to track a buck I shot at last night at 5pm. Hit shoulder and 5-7" of the arrow is missing so believe it's still in him.

Didn't even look - just quietly walked out so I didn't push him and waited. Starting the search at 8 when it's brite out
Was going to wish you Good luck in your search this am. Nevermind! & Congratulations on your best archery buck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.