LFTS 11/1/20 (November already?!?)

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by TheMAIT, Nov 1, 2020.

1. retired dundo

retired dundo

John Hine likes this.
  2. old graybeard

old graybeard

2 does and a little 6 point so far

Airoh, November Sunrise and Waif like this.

3. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

Saw your post. When I started seeing it on the pond, I bailed. Thanks for the warning. Darker now and wind picked up.

Shawnxbow likes this.
  4. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

Here's a screen shot from the trail cam video. Not a bad size deer. I guess he was in the back yard eating pears, too. MEL saw it and was trying to decide if she should knock on the window and scare it back to me so I could shoot it. Told her she should have come back with me this morning! Must have had a halloween "hangover". Wonder what I'd have done if she was there on my shoulder saying, "Shoot it, dad."?

upload_2020-11-1_9-17-14.png

I'd be remiss if it didn't reset this one, considering...

jparks02, Sparky23, Aloeffler and 9 others like this.
  5. ScipioCreekAssasin

ScipioCreekAssasin

Wow! It is a bit breezy here in eaton County. Enough so it is moving my 6x6 elevated ground blind. Temp is falling too. 5 degrees since I sat down this morning. You guys sitting in a tree are tough SOBs.

2 doe a scrubby 6 point and a half dozen turkeys so far. All very skittish. If a decent Tom strolls through he is on the menu today...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

MichiFishy, November Sunrise and Waif like this.
  6. Good luck! Looking forward to the report and pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anagranite likes this.
  7. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

That's what I'm telling myself.. Buddy skipped out last yr around this time because of wind 30+blow and his dad went out and killed an absolute pig of an 8 he was after..

Good luck all, I'll be in for the afternoon

Nickbarg83 and Waif like this.
  8. lreigler

lreigler

Headed in. One small buck about eighty yards out cruising was all I saw. Tree fell about one hundred yards away and that was enough to convince me I’ve seen enough.

9. melvvin

melvvin

I'm headed in too. Had a buck cross to my right at daylight no problem seeing antlers but I still don't think it was a shooter. Couple of turkeys decided to stay out of range guessing they knew I have a tag. Never got any closer then 100 yards. Started to snow and with it came the wind. Trees were groaning all around me, that was enough to call it. I have a couple more days to hunt so back at it in the morning.

bigbucks160 and November Sunrise like this.
  10. Fisherman6

Fisherman6

Sat this morning out due to really high winds. Gonna try and hunt this afternoon in one of the popups we we have set, but might even call that off.....weather dependent. I can hunt everyday this week whenever so I can buy some time and get some other stuff done that needs to get done.

11. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Back home. What a miserable hunt weather wise. Wind, rain, freezing rain, snow and no deer spotted

12. 20-30 with gust over 40 so I stayed in See what happens later. Did have a shooter show up on camera last night so things are looking up. Be safe to those in trees.

13. Nickbarg83

Nickbarg83

Goo morning sit I have a 2 man ladder stand in a nice big oak so didn’t sway all that much saw 6 deer 3 doe 2 fawn and an unknown all before 815 watched em all walk towards bedding in the thick stuff on the backside bottom of the ridge going to hang another stand about 300 yards away for a north or east wind figured with this wind should cover 99% of my noise

1morebite likes this.
  14. pgpn123

pgpn123

Saw 4 bucks, 2 does by 8:30. Nothing after. The wind really picked up and I bailed at 10. I should come up with something on the ground for bow.

vsmorgantown likes this.
  15. Team Camo

Team Camo Premium Member

SE Sanilac. Wind and snow machine just cranked up...:Protest_e
    IMG_20201101_130332564_HDR.jpg